British Speedway Forum

CLRC

13 hours ago, Noelinho said:

Nevertheless, isn't it silly to have this and the Championship Pairs in the same week as the original cut off date for team fixtures? That's piss poor planning from the league.

Not really, the riders championship is taking place on a day no clubs race on (Sunday), while the pairs is the day before Cardiff, I'm sure no club would want to race on that day for fear of small crowds.

Nevertheless, pre-season the authorities wouldn't have seen a situation with league fixtures still needing run, as clubs only had 8 home league meetings to fit in?

47 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Why do us fans bother planning to attend this meeting when even the riders don’t?

Riders run the sport in GB.There should be bans for Non Attendees,but that just makes it more complicated and farcical for later fixtures.(if it could get get anymore farcical).

1 hour ago, Fozzie4388 said:

Not sure whose dropped out now but Kye Thomson seems to be in it now. 

Taking Nicholls place it seems

Riders pulling out these events is nothing new. Roynon "guested" in last year's pairs, and 2nd year it was held in Glasgow we had to run a B team as rye house couldn't scare up 2 riders fancied the journey. Thus ended Glasgow hosting the pairs. If started banning riders would be running more guests than ever before. The shared events don't hold same prestige did even 10 years ago imo. Not sure fans even that bothered with them anymore, I know I've not been to any in 7 or 8 years 

4 minutes ago, screm said:

It is such a shame that certain riders don`t see this meeting as something worth winning.

It’s a kick in the teeth to guys like stoney and wilson and others who use to take this seriously and make it the most anticipated meeting of the season. 

but the BSPL have allowed this to happen 

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

What’s wrong with howarth he says with his Plymouth hat on for Tuesday, I must admit this meeting is becoming a bit of a joke as others have pointed out.

Did all his engines last night apparently