British Speedway Forum

Wolves v Leicester Prem 7th August 2023

14 minutes ago, Fullmax said:

So Wolves win a home   meeting that they weren't good enough to win in 15 heats . What's wrong with a draw . Absolutely pathetic yet again . Didn't they do the same against Peterborough a few weeks ago.. 

Still officially a draw though, they just won the superheat. 

42 minutes ago, iainb said:

Schlein's 2 wins tonight have come thanks to 2 of the biggest rolling starts you're ever likely to see! How the ref hasn't pulled them back is quite beyond me!

Yep ,ref should be sacked ,lions unlucky all night, but one meet they should of won

Edited by Spiderman1

19 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

They only lost the superheat not the meeting, they still get a league point for drawing plus also the BP. If you lose a meeting you get zero. 

So at the end of the meeting do both teams do a lap of honour as the meeting was drawn? 

2 hours ago, iainb said:

Schlein's 2 wins tonight have come thanks to 2 of the biggest rolling starts you're ever likely to see! How the ref hasn't pulled them back is quite beyond me!

Nonsense. I stand directly in line with the starting gate. Heat 15 was one of the best ever starts I have seen. Schlein did not move a consensus shared by the fans around me.

2 hours ago, iainb said:

His flyer in heat 13 was embarrassing.

The only passing seemed to come from riders making mistakes due to the state of the track. When experienced riders struggle you have to question the track safety. Goodness knows how crap it could have been without the extra half an hour of preparation.

As disappointing as the travelling fans were, to come away from there with two points is something we would have settled for at the start of the night. Max got up from his fall at the end so I hope he’s okay. Great contribution from the reserves tonight and their form could be crucial going into the play offs.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Teromaafan said:

Max got up from his fall at the end so I hope he’s okay. Great contribution from the reserves tonight and their form could be crucial going into the play offs.

It was frightening fall the way he went over his handlebars and landed head first on the track!

If Max isn't fit for Thursday let's hope Stewart Dickson has Chris Harris's number on speed dial :D