British Speedway Forum

Poole v Oxford 9/8/23 Championship

One of the few tracks where i wont buy the BSN stream as i prefer to watch a speedway meeting rather then the gate and go borefest you get at Poole 

I am in two minds as this could be a meeting where riders like Nicholls Masters and Kerr could outtrap Lawson and Worrall and unlikely to be passed........unlike Glasgow who are a team of racers and would have no chance on a gate and go track...........no issues with Poole doctoring the starts as the majority of their riders cant pass wind and thats what home track advantage is for 

Poole stronger now with Roynon out for the season can pick horses for courses

So do i buy this and be thoroughly bored like the other times Poole are on or will there actually be something that resembles speedway

37 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Poole stronger now with Roynon out for the season can pick horses for courses.

100% Roynon never made it to a 4 average and he isn't going to after having 3 X 0's at Glasgow, so while "noone wants to see an injured rider" 

Couldn't have happened at a better time for Poole, they have the pick of the two pointers, I'm assuming if Nathan goes well tonight he'll be the home fill in and on the road it'll depend on where they're at, Sam Hagon maybes?? Lee complin again.

6 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Attending Ibrox this evening so unfortunately will miss the all out excitement that is wimborbe road. Top 2 teams in the league like to think be at least worth a quick watch on the replay 

I've got a pot of paint ready and a blank wall in case it goes that way.

2 minutes ago, iainb said:

Just like last night :rolleyes:

Seriously nothing like last night. I seriously think most of the posters on here are hoping for a gate and go meeting so they can say, told you so. If its a brilliant meeting it will be like the gobi desert on here. 

Edited by Steve Shovlar

4 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Seriously nothing like last night. I seriously think most of the posters on here are hoping for a gate and go meeting so they can say, told you so. If its a brilliant meeting it will be like the gobi desert on here. 

If this one ain't a cracker there's really never going to be one at Poole. 

If it's like it usually is everybody will be riding an inch away from the fence after about 5 or 6 races

Edited by iainb

9 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Weathers set fair today. Oxford fans can travel down safe in the knowledge that speedway will take place tonight!

Think this has the making of being a great meeting. Pirates weakened tonight at reserve but sure Ablitt will give it his best shot replacing Adam. Masters loves the Poole track and Nicholls always is exciting to watch around here. Pirates need to be on it from the start. Big crowd expected.

Think Ablitt will do well

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

One of the few tracks where i wont buy the BSN stream as i prefer to watch a speedway meeting rather then the gate and go borefest you get at Poole 

I am in two minds as this could be a meeting where riders like Nicholls Masters and Kerr could outtrap Lawson and Worrall and unlikely to be passed........unlike Glasgow who are a team of racers and would have no chance on a gate and go track...........no issues with Poole doctoring the starts as the majority of their riders cant pass wind and thats what home track advantage is for 

Poole stronger now with Roynon out for the season can pick horses for courses

So do i buy this and be thoroughly bored like the other times Poole are on or will there actually be something that resembles speedway

Who cares what you do.I certainly not interested whether you buy it or not.