British Speedway Forum

Edinburgh Vs Poole 4th August

I could not see the meeting last night, reading what has been said, i sincerely hope everyone involved especially the cameraman will make a full recovery. It is a dangerous sport but a cameraman would not think he was in any danger doing his job .I hope someone who knows him sets up a donation page so we can donate, cameramen are usually self employed and doubt they earn a fortune so i expect him and his family would welcome anything we can give.There are many in this sport we all love who give up their time for not much money or even volunteer so when this kind of accident happens need our support. 

• Like 5

Just went to find out if the guy is ok and recovering and found a load of twaddle about unions and Thatcher!

So thought I would go to a more reliable source, the local paper, who I wrongly assumed would be running it as a headline. Nowt, nothing, ziltch. Which is surprising considering an air ambulance and an abandoned sports event would normally make the news in any region of the U.K.

i was hoping to watch the incident back on BSN this morning to see what happened but they haven’t released the stream.  I expect there is a good reason for this.  Was a terrible meeting up until that point with the home side in particular struggling to get to grips with the track.

11 minutes ago, chun said:

i was hoping to watch the incident back on BSN this morning to see what happened but they haven’t released the stream.  I expect there is a good reason for this.  Was a terrible meeting up until that point with the home side in particular struggling to get to grips with the track.

Thought Edinburgh had changed their track to give them a bigger home advantage, but it backfired spectacularly. The Monarchs were all over the place while the Poole boys were passing for fun. Rowe in particular enjoyed it and Lawson said he loved the conditions. Gary Havelock said when interviewed, it doesn’t matter what Edinburgh do to the track because Poole will only ride it the once and won’t have pre conceived setups. 

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Just went to find out if the guy is ok and recovering and found a load of twaddle about unions and Thatcher!

So thought I would go to a more reliable source, the local paper, who I wrongly assumed would be running it as a headline. Nowt, nothing, ziltch. Which is surprising considering an air ambulance and an abandoned sports event would normally make the news in any region of the U.K.

If there is to be , as has been suggested, a police investigation there may be a freeze on reporting.

I'm sure any news will be released when appropriate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Had it been a football player who hurt his big toe,sky and the bbc would have had crews there !

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Thought Edinburgh had changed their track to give them a bigger home advantage, but it backfired spectacularly. The Monarchs were all over the place while the Poole boys were passing for fun. Rowe in particular enjoyed it and Lawson said he loved the conditions. Gary Havelock said when interviewed, it doesn’t matter what Edinburgh do to the track because Poole will only ride it the once and won’t have pre conceived setups. 

They never changed anything set up as usual but with all the rain we’ve had all week it made the surface way more grippy than it has been. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

If he was I apologise. 

If you could ever give a little more thought & consideration into your postings in situations like this, ( which I personally doubt you are capable of) then you would get much more respect from other forum members 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Dave Jones said:

If you could ever give a little more thought & consideration into your postings in situations like this, ( which I personally doubt you are capable of) then you would get much more respect from other forum members 

Knew as soon as I saw you post it would be some petty points scoring remark. You didn’t let me down.

1 hour ago, chun said:

You want to watch an incident where someone was potentially seriously injured? That's all kinds of wrong!

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Dave Jones said:

Well all i can say is that sort of proves my point.

You and I go back a long way and my instincts proved correct. Trying to score petty points over another poster when someone has been seriously injured is poor.

I am not getting in some mud slinging argument on here with you.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 1