British Speedway Forum

Edinburgh Vs Poole 4th August

5 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

First of all. Best wishes to the cameraman. Hope all this is just precautionary, 

get well soon. 

that was a freak horrible accident, I was told these bikes are not built for small tracks nowadays especially with people so close to the track. 

thoughts also with Craig. He will be heartbroken over it. 

That was freak accident like you say.Fans are no closer to the track than any other track.Big or Small.Best wishes to the injured cameraman.

Edited by Fromafar

7 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Wasn’t the cameraman standing directly on the other side of the safety fence? 

Standing behind the air fence on the bend , this sounds serious if the Police ordered the stadium to be cleared and the air ambulance landing close by.

Fingers crossed for good news.

Edited by Gazc

15 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Wasn’t the cameraman standing directly on the other side of the safety fence? 

They’re a big space on the terracing where fans can walk round to stand or exit the Stadium. Also a greyhound track. Don’t really know where the photographer was though.Don’t think he would be allowed in greyhound  space.

8 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Standing behind the air fence on the bend , this sounds serious if the Police ordered the stadium to be cleared and the air ambulance landing close by.

Fingers crossed for good news.

Seen most cameramen tin yellow vests standing on dog tracks at many stadiums taking photos over the air fences. As for air ambulances, I have called 999 3 in the last four years. They are used when it’s difficult for the ambulance due to distance to hospital or driving surface, or when there’s a rush to get the casualty to hospital. Let’s all hope it’s just precautionary and we all hear better news later this evening.

1 minute ago, Fromafar said:

They’re a big space on the terracing where fans can walk round to stand or exit the Stadium. Also a greyhound track. Don’t really know where the photographer was though.Don’t think he would be allowed in greyhound  space.

There’s a notification waiver for all to read when entering a motorsports event, which says motorsports are dangerous you attend this meeting at your own risk. 

• Like 1

Awful. 

Thoughts with cameraman and his family . All at BSN and EMTV and Craig. 

Reminded me of when he and his bike cleared fence at Cardiff in 2018 I think. 

One point though. Incident nothing to do with size or shape of the track. Could happen anywhere. Seen 2 valves and uprights do same too. So no need for any silly anti small track point scoring puerile

Fingers crossed for all. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, The H Man said:

Been told it was the broken lamp standard that hit cameraman rather than bike.  Hoping it’s positive news in his condition. 

If that’s the case he was standing behind the fence as I watched it fall forwards over the safety fence.

5 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

Suggest the guesswork and speculation is avoided. I’m sure we will find out soon enough and let’s hope to god the news is positive. 

Agree,sorry I was just trying to explain there is a large open space behind the safety fence at exit from bend 4.

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

There’s a notification waiver for all to read when entering a motorsports event, which says motorsports are dangerous you attend this meeting at your own risk. 

dont stop a claim if theres blame though 

accidents are accidents but negligence is a different thing 

im a registered fia marshal if we fail to do as trained and someone injured at our point we can be prosecuted