British Speedway Forum

Danish Grand Prix - Vojens - 16th Sep

16 minutes ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

Best wishes to Doyle. That looked like a sore one.

Having said that, it’s a wild lunge into the corner. Lindgren is very lucky he was able to walk away.

Gone into the corner a bit too quickly, misjudged but don't believe it was an intentional lunge...that's usually reserved for the guy he clipped 

• Like 1

Just now, CB252 said:

I think the bigger issue that most people  have is that, in typical speedway fashion, it took them 5 hours to realise he'd worn the wrong suit. He could have been at home resting now ahead of the real stuff tomorrow where you actually earn money to ride.

No that wasn't the bigger issue for me.
If you are doing a survey.

Just now, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

I’m not sure if it’s an optical illusion, but it’s almost like the riders come to a standstill coming off the second bend.

Vojens has always been like that. Hans Nielsen still hasn't come out of the 2nd bend in his 1988 world title run off against Gundersen :D

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Grand Central said:

No that wasn't the bigger issue for me.
If you are doing a survey.

I think I'm agreeing with you that he had to be disqualified no question?

It's hard to disagree that it is borderline shambolic to only spot it at 17.30 though surely? 5 hours after he took to the track in practice.

• Like 1

So Zmarzlik wore non conforming leathers with respect to advertising.  Imagine you paid 10's of thousands of pounds to advertise your business to appear before a potential world wide audience at every gran Prix/practice/news (everything included in the legally drawn up document signed by all parties). We talking big money here. Then someone turns up advertising a different sponsor. Do you think the sponsor who paid lots of money for GP advertising would be happy. Riders will have signed contracts too, no doubt stating the organisers of the GP's lay down the rules and riders/pit crew etc will have read the rules and agreed to adhere to them. I can easily see Zmarzlik made a simple mistake but the responsibility is to advertise the GP sponsor. Legal boys would have been all over this if the penalty stipulated was not adhered to, and rightly so. The FIM would have been in deep trouble, with this and potentially lost sponsors for next year - lack of adhering to contracts. 

As for the suggestion Poland could withdraw riders and tracks from next year's GP's..... they will fully understand the situation because they too will have legal documents with their own sponsors...how do you think they can afford big money to the riders on Polish racing.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, CB252 said:

I think I'm agreeing with you that he had to be disqualified no question?

It's hard to disagree that it is borderline shambolic to only spot it at 17.30 though surely? 5 hours after he took to the track in practice.

We will end up finding out why the decision was made at the time it was.

7 minutes ago, CB252 said:

I think the bigger issue that most people  have is that, in typical speedway fashion, it took them 5 hours to realise he'd worn the wrong suit. He could have been at home resting now ahead of the real stuff tomorrow where you actually earn money to ride.

Speedway unfortunately as the image of a Mickey Mouse sport when things like this happen it is hard to defend it 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

It doesn’t matter if we have never heard of Infinite Reality. The fact that they have been prepared to splash the cash on speedway is great news and Zmarzlik has abused the rules. If he got away with it then all other riders would as well and the sponsorship would be lost and a possible lawsuit appearing which would kill off the sport. The fact that the WC and leader of the series broke the rules is even worse imo.

I agree completely. You are correct. (I think I need a lie down now) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2