British Speedway Forum

Danish Grand Prix - Vojens - 16th Sep

Just now, tellboy said:

Doyle's fault no doubt,but that didn't look good at all for him.

I was watching his line, and you could see it coming. Just surprised he didn't, and didn't try to take evasive action.

2 minutes ago, Grand Central said:

It is THE only penalty if it is judged one is due by the Jury but not 'maximum punishment' as you said.
They can decide not to impose it.

If they don’t impose it, they answer to the sponsor or sponsors who Zmarzlik’s breach was at the expense of.

Imagine the liquid damages associated with breaching a contract of a sport being streamed live on Eurosport.

I repeat: naive to blame the GP organisers.

• Like 1

Just now, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

If they don’t impose it, they answer to the sponsor or sponsors who Zmarzlik’s breach was at the expense of.

Imagine the liquid damages associated with breaching a contract of a sport being streamed live on Eurosport.

I repeat: naive to blame the GP organisers.

Pitch your venom towards those that disagree. With you and the decision.

I don't.

7 minutes ago, chunky said:

Perhaps a lot of people on here would prefer them to ignore the rules as posted, whenever they feel like it...

Just give the bloke a race jacket and fine him.

• Like 1

Disqualifying a rider for that reason is an absolute joke, there is no credibility left in the sport. It stinks of manipulation.

Moving on, that was an awful crash for Doyle. I hope all the treatment is precautionary and that he is not badly hurt and wish him well

Just now, DSC67 said:

I know that rules are rules, but surely they could have fined Bartock and warned him 

Bearing in mind that the rule is clearly stated, they had no other option but to disqualify him to be honest.

• Like 4

It doesn’t matter if we have never heard of Infinite Reality. The fact that they have been prepared to splash the cash on speedway is great news and Zmarzlik has abused the rules. If he got away with it then all other riders would as well and the sponsorship would be lost and a possible lawsuit appearing which would kill off the sport. The fact that the WC and leader of the series broke the rules is even worse imo.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Lioness said:

Disqualifying a rider for that reason is an absolute joke, there is no credibility left in the sport. It stinks of manipulation.

Moving on, that was an awful crash for Doyle. I hope all the treatment is precautionary and that he is not badly hurt and wish him well

As I said, most sport today is controlled by TV and sponsors. It is a rule, an UNDERSTANDABLE rule, and all the riders know of the rule.

• Like 2

Just now, Steve Shovlar said:

It doesn’t matter if we have never heard of Infinite Reality. The fact that they have been prepared to splash the cash on speedway is great news and Zmarzlik has abused the rules. If he got away with it then all other riders would as well and the sponsorship would be lost and a possible lawsuit appearing which would kill off the sport. The fact that the WC and leader of the series broke the rules is even worse imo.

Couldn't have put it better myself...

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

Exactly. Any frustration aimed at the GP organisers naive.

Speedway requires as many sponsors as it can get and those sponsors - Monster, for example - will have their world class Contracts department implement specific advertising requirements into the GP T&Cs, to the finest detail.

For the world champion to not bother his arse, the GP organisers have to apply the rules and implement their sponsor’s terms.

A wild oversight from Zmarzlik, or a tactical move to ensure a world title win on home soil.

;)