British Speedway Forum

Redcar Bears vs Oxford Cheetahs - Champ - 28/7

Redcar to end Oxford's unbeaten start to the Championship? Sam Masters okay to race for Oxford after being released by Australia, and Kyle Howarth guesting for Lewis Kerr.

Redcar Bears: 1. Danny King, 2. Danyon Hume, 3. Connor Bailey, 4. Erik Riss, 5. Charles Wright, 6. Jason Edwards, 7. Luke Harrison

Oxford Cheetahs: 1. Sam Masters, 2. Henry Atkins, 3. Kyle Howarth (G), 4. Jordan Jenkins, 5. Scott Nicholls, 6. Cameron Heeps, 7. Ryan Kinsley

10 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

Redcar to end Oxford's unbeaten start to the Championship? Sam Masters okay to race for Oxford after being released by Australia, and Kyle Howarth guesting for Lewis Kerr.

Redcar Bears: 1. Danny King, 2. Danyon Hume, 3. Connor Bailey, 4. Erik Riss, 5. Charles Wright, 6. Jason Edwards, 7. Luke Harrison

Oxford Cheetahs: 1. Sam Masters, 2. Henry Atkins, 3. Kyle Howarth (G), 4. Jordan Jenkins, 5. Scott Nicholls, 6. Cameron Heeps, 7. Ryan Kinsley

Lols!! Being released by his holiday more like haha. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, lucifer sam said:

He didn't go on holiday - that was Ryan Douglas and your precious Steve Worrall.  ;) 

Sam's partner had visa requirements that meant he needed to leave the UK. 

And what did he do while he wasn’t in the UK? Was he working? 

You can put a turd in a dress, but it’s still a turd! 

Edited by Bojangles
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

And what did he do while he wasn’t in the UK? Was he working? 

You can put a turd in a dress, but it’s still a turd! 

I imagine the family made the most of the break ;)  But it wasn't just a jolly in their case, but a visa requirement. Wolves knew the situation and agreed not to ride that day... until they were forced to!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, lucifer sam said:

He didn't go on holiday - that was Ryan Douglas and your precious Steve Worrall.  ;) 

Sam's partner had visa requirements that meant he needed to leave the UK. 

Him and his family were on holiday with Ryan and his gf haha. It might have been enforced cos of the visa thing. But a holiday is still a holiday. 

Nothing to do with 'Australia releasing him' !! He wasn't in Poland lol.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bear_Bottom said:

This from 1 hour ago:

https://twitter.com/OxfordSpeedway/status/1684829479829413888?s=20

I thought Scott was in Poland anyway for the SWC? Was nice to see a rider putting his club ahead of other activities for a change though, shame it wasn't meant to be, obviously family comes first.

Edited by iainb

26 minutes ago, Dickie Head said:

So does Scott get a 7 day ban for missing the fixture for a non speedway absence?

I hope the BSPA would understand Scott’s situation (which as they have allowed a guest for him suggests they do) it is no different to having compassionate leave in a regular job. This is as the statement said to do with his family no conspiracy theories here.

I would rather Scott missed a meeting than turn up with his mind elsewhere that’s when accidents happen.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Debbi said:

I hope the BSPA would understand Scott’s situation (which as they have allowed a guest for him suggests they do) it is no different to having compassionate leave in a regular job. This is as the statement said to do with his family no conspiracy theories here.

I would rather Scott missed a meeting than turn up with his mind elsewhere that’s when accidents happen.

While I agree wholeheartedly with the sentiments of your post, technically he's withholding his services as I assume was Hans Andersen last night, which last year at least carried a 28 day ban

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, iainb said:

While I agree wholeheartedly with the sentiments of your post, technically he's withholding his services as I assume was Hans Andersen last night, which last year at least carried a 28 day ban

Everything is just made upon the hoof as they go along in Speedway.Nothing is a surprise nowadays.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Everything is just made upon the hoof as they go along in Speedway.Nothing is a surprise nowadays.

13 minutes ago, iainb said:

I think there is a facility for this kind of thing. Scott was allowed to miss a meeting when Penny was born and didn’t get a ban (other riders have also done this) I guess as you say he could be seen as withholding his services however, it would not look good if they forced him to race in the circumstances.

The Lynn meeting was a joke Andersen did not ride as he “missed his plane”, Laguta apparently injured his wrist at the weekend although I can’t see that he crashed plus he scored 13 points. But at the same time in the  original schedule there weren’t meetings planned for this week due to the SWC racing, but with the backlog of fixtures the powers that be changed this. Which is why Sam Masters had other arrangements for this week, and there is no talk of a ban for him.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Debbi said:

I think there is a facility for this kind of thing. Scott was allowed to miss a meeting when Penny was born and didn’t get a ban (other riders have also done this) I guess as you say he could be seen as withholding his services however, it would not look good if they forced him to race in the circumstances.

The Lynn meeting was a joke Andersen did not ride as he “missed his plane”, Laguta apparently injured his wrist at the weekend although I can’t see that he crashed plus he scored 13 points. But at the same time in the  original schedule there weren’t meetings planned for this week due to the SWC racing, but with the backlog of fixtures the powers that be changed this. Which is why Sam Masters had other arrangements for this week, and there is no talk of a ban for him.

I hope you're right with the Nicholls thing, apparently the Hans thing was genuine as he sent a picture of the traffic jam he was in that made him miss the plane to his ex-manager over here, Laguta... hmm. Wouldn't Masters have been classed to have been on international duty?

1 hour ago, iainb said:

I hope you're right with the Nicholls thing, apparently the Hans thing was genuine as he sent a picture of the traffic jam he was in that made him miss the plane to his ex-manager over here, Laguta... hmm. Wouldn't Masters have been classed to have been on international duty?

I don’t think Sam was named in the squad, otherwise he wouldn’t have arranged to be elsewhere or as someone else said he was given permission to be away.

Edited by Debbi

It's more laughable each & every time it happens. Hans in a traffic jam.... I'm in a traffic jam most mornings on the M25 i could take a picture at 07:00 & send it at 14:00 but what does it prove? Laguta with a wrist injury.... How? is there a record? it will be interesting to know if Scott will be at SWC for the play off tonight.. Lets wait & see

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Technik said:

It's more laughable each & every time it happens. Hans in a traffic jam.... I'm in a traffic jam most mornings on the M25 i could take a picture at 07:00 & send it at 14:00 but what does it prove? Laguta with a wrist injury.... How? is there a record? it will be interesting to know if Scott will be at SWC for the play off tonight.. Lets wait & see

I would be extremely surprised if Scott will be anywhere near Poland tomorrow, that’s not his priority at the moment and will probably be the very last thing on his mind.

• Like 1