British Speedway Forum

BSN update

11 hours ago, Cast1rn said:

Ok let's cut the BS

When are we getting drone footage and who's going to be the pilot?

;)

BSN has used a drone once, at Redcar for a track flyover very much like like Discovery do which was done before the meeting. But you're not allowed to fly a drone at a British meeting whilst it's running, so fear not! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, IanBrannan said:

BSN has used a drone once, at Redcar for a track flyover very much like like Discovery do which was done before the meeting. But you're not allowed to fly a drone at a British meeting whilst it's running, so fear not! 

Ian, what are the official reasons for that?

1 hour ago, IanBrannan said:

It's in the SCB rule book, but basically it's the same laws applying to every drone in the UK which is they have to be flown at least 150 metres away from gatherings of people.

Is that a recent thing then as Poole had one hovering around between startline and bend 1. Would have been 2021 or 2022 season for a few meetings. But tbf it was a very small drone and prob only went up 2-4 metres in the air imo.

I think it moved around in between races,  it prob grounded when a race was happening though.

Edited by lisa-colette

It's in the SCB rule book, but basically it's the same laws applying to every drone in the UK which is they have to be flown at least 150 metres away from gatherings of people.

then U.K, speedway should be okay if the rule says that you cannot fly over a gathering of people .

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Is that a recent thing then as Poole had one hovering around between startline and bend 1. Would have been 2021 or 2022 season (not for a whole season mind! -might have only been for a few meetings) though. It was a bit annoying, like a wasp lol. 

But tbf it was a small drone and prob only went up 2-3 metres in the air.

Edit - I think it moved around in between races,  it might have been grounded when a race was happening. 

I wouldn’t know about that, the law came in around 2019, but no idea when drones were added to the speedway rule book. 
If you have a professional commercially licensed pilot you may be able to do it with special clearance, but those drones and operators are fairly expensive usually. For a normal drone that most people have you would be able to no.

• Thanks 1

Unless you have the appropriate pilots licence …it is possible . Ask blumonkey media . 

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Cast1rn said:

Was scrolling to find a suitable post to add this too, 

Could I please ask that the 2024 package is available for purchase before Christmas, so that I can avoid unnecessary presents that I have no want or need for :)

Been the best entertainment all season long.

The Championship season pass was available before Christmas last year - with an early bird discount.

I'm sure if the BSPL sort out the league structure at their November AGM then BSN will have packages available before Christmas.

1 hour ago, Cast1rn said:

Was scrolling to find a suitable post to add this too, 

Could I please ask that the 2024 package is available for purchase before Christmas, so that I can avoid unnecessary presents that I have no want or need for :)

Been the best entertainment all season long.

Certainly has been great value and entertaining to watch.Hope they have had a profitable 1st season.5*

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Can’t agree more. Those that don’t have it are certainly missing out and for those that can’t afford a big lump sum, they do monthly direct debits. 

Only thing they could improve on, is to have more meetings!

I'm off for a lie down I'm a dark room 

First time I've ever agreed with SS

• Haha 3