British Speedway Forum

Oxford vs Kent - NDL - 08/08

4 hours ago, Technik said:

With Kent missing Naylor at reserve as well as Kingston added to the return of Killeen for Oxford I cant see this being anything other than a +60 point score for Oxford

I think even with Naylor and no Killeen it was going to be a high 50's score for Oxford. Ablitt will lead the battle with Morley and Tom picking up some points and Vale will likely be out to prove a point to Oxford. However with no weak links in the 1-5 for the Chargers providing the two reserves can resist wiping each other out in heat 2 it should be a fairly routine night.

18 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

I think even with Naylor and no Killeen it was going to be a high 50's score for Oxford. Ablitt will lead the battle with Morley and Tom picking up some points and Vale will likely be out to prove a point to Oxford. However with no weak links in the 1-5 for the Chargers providing the two reserves can resist wiping each other out in heat 2 it should be a fairly routine night.

Killeen will be one of the reserves, so I bet he's hoping he doesn't get wiped out in his first race back!

Teams...

Oxford Chargers: 1. Jordan Jenkins, 2. Jacob Clouting, 3. Ryan Kinsley, 4. Jody Scott, 5. Henry Atkins, 6. Luke Killeen, 7. Jason Garrod.

Kent Royals: 1. Ben Morley, 2. R/R, 3. Connor King, 4. Tom Woolley, 5. Nathan Ablitt, 6. Sam Woolley, 7. Ashton Vale.

2 hours ago, Bojangles said:

Teams...

Oxford Chargers: 1. Jordan Jenkins, 2. Jacob Clouting, 3. Ryan Kinsley, 4. Jody Scott, 5. Henry Atkins, 6. Luke Killeen, 7. Jason Garrod.

Kent Royals: 1. Ben Morley, 2. R/R, 3. Connor King, 4. Tom Woolley, 5. Nathan Ablitt, 6. Sam Woolley, 7. Ashton Vale.

That looks a heavy defeat for Royals.IMO

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FromBendThree said:

With so many tracks closed, people like me travel long distances and will book hotels. I always book a place where you can cancel up to lunchtime (ish). I will remember this cancellation when I think about popping to Oxford.

Very sad and stupid because the successful return of Oxford has been incredible but daft moves like this are harmful to every club. How early did Poole make the decision? IOW for tomorrow was also called off this morning but Oxford allowed riders and fans to travel and take time away from work for a lost cause.

12 hours ago, lewy said:

Massive own goal by Oxford showing complete lack of consideration for the fans as they've done previously when they called the Plymouth match off earlier this season just before the start :nono:

Those in glass houses, Mr. Trigger!  At least Oxford take sensible options in trying to get meetings on - none which end up with the fire brigade being called!

As for yesterday, there was no rain at all until 5pm and the heavy rain didn't come until after 6pm.  You can't call a meeting off simply on the strength of the forecast alone, when we all know how unreliable British weather forecasts are, especially at this time of year when the weather is so changeable.  Had it been belting down with rain all day, and also been forecast to rain in the evening, I'm sure they would have been an earlier call-off, as there was Oxford v Swindon right at the start of the season which was called off in the morning, but that wasn't the case.

Oxford have got on at least two meetings (Cheetahs v Poole and Chargers v Leicester) when some internet "weather experts" said otherwise, and supporters know that Oxford will always put on every effort to put the meeting on. Last night didn't work out, while in other instances it has.

Edited by lucifer sam
  • Like 3