British Speedway Forum

Glasgow v Poole Championship. 30/7/23 6pm

On 7/22/2023 at 1:56 PM, Fromafar said:

Thought I saw them putting water on track?

Yes the water truck went round but the other 2 tractors immediately blended it in which kinda dried it out straightaway. But a dog cocking it's leg produces more water on tap than the Glasgow water truck! :D

Edited by lbw
  • Like 2

Glasgow v Everybody's favourite team part 2 next Sunday should be another interesting clash . Our bottom end vulnerability is cancelled out slightly by Poole's bottom end looking nothing special . 

I'm confident we can at least equal Friday night's 48-42 result , and continue our progress towards the play offs . 

17 minutes ago, Paulco said:

Glasgow v Everybody's favourite team part 2 next Sunday should be another interesting clash . Our bottom end vulnerability is cancelled out slightly by Poole's bottom end looking nothing special . 

I'm confident we can at least equal Friday night's 48-42 result , and continue our progress towards the play offs . 

Should be cracking meeting could go anyway IMO.Anders Rowe is the key man for me.Was expecting better from him on Friday.

7 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Zach Cook will be key on Sunday.

Vissing should hopefully have his bike issues resolved, normally good for double figures at home.

Hopefully a cracker but with the riders that will be on show there should be no reason for it not too be.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 1

On 7/21/2023 at 10:30 PM, Steve Shovlar said:

Well after tonight all eyes will be on the Championship meeting to be held next Sunday at 6PM. Tonight we have been told the track was very different to normal and there’s usually more passing than we witnessed on BSN. Yer, right!

So will Glasgow doctor the track again from the norm, or will they make it extra deep and grippy? Every trick in the book will no doubt come out to give Glasgow the biggest advantage possible to bring to Poole. I don’t blame them, they have to do what they can. But changing the track takes away home advantage. And Poole will be able to use a T/R next Sunday if needs be. And not use Roynon in heat 14.

I am guessing there will be no stream, which is frankly pathetic these days. Don’t thenGlasgow promotion realise there is money to be made from streaming and they are missing out on tapping into a large speedway fanbase who would be more than happy to splash out 12 quid to watch the meeting on their TV’s? Fans who would not be at Ashfield anyway?

There will be a few Poole fans making the trip. Rob is flying up from Bristol to Glasgow, arriving at 2pm then busing it in to the centre. Flying back 8 am the next day. Approx £80 return for flights, £20 bus to centre, plus train, plus hotel, plus £70 car park at Bristol. Ouch! Hope it’s not rained off!

Will Glasgow get enough of a lead to bring to Poole for the bonus? Will Poole turn over Glasgow?

Could be a belter. Thoughts?

Forum F@nny.

Just now, Skidder1 said:

I did say previously that the options for Complins 3.61 were not too good.

Have to question arranging this meeting tbh. Hagon probably slight improvement on ace but Coles will struggle to score. Plus wheres Tom's head going to be at rushed back from Wroclaw? Looking good for your lot imo... Where's the rain 

• Like 1