British Speedway Forum

Special Comets meeting 29th july

Neila

A VERY SPECIAL MEETING IS COMING UP ON JULY 29TH

A variety of sponsorships packages are available via Workington Comets Supporters Club

GP format (20 heats + 2 Semi's and Final)
18 of the league's best riders staring!

Followed by a LIVE big screen showing of the Speedway World Cup Final

Saturday 29th July
Tapes up at 3.00pm
Northside Arena

Find out the LINEUP and details about admission and more below

I would really like to come over to Workington at some point this season but every home meeting they seem to have clashes with someone I have on :sad: I've been unlucky... But I can hardly complain this time as I will be in Poland with my Dad and a few mates watching the world cup :D

What kind of riders are we looking at for this meeting then? It says some of the best riders in the league, I assume they mean the NL and more than likely 7 of them will be Comets...?

36 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

I would really like to come over to Workington at some point this season but every home meeting they seem to have clashes with someone I have on :sad: I've been unlucky... But I can hardly complain this time as I will be in Poland with my Dad and a few mates watching the world cup :D

What kind of riders are we looking at for this meeting then? It says some of the best riders in the league, I assume they mean the NL and more than likely 7 of them will be Comets...?

Nathan ABLITT

Kyle BICKLEY

Ashton BOUGHEN

Alfie BOWTELL

Steve BOXALL

Max CLEGG

Luke CRANG

Sam HAGON

Elliot KELLY

Harry McGURK

Sam McGURK

James PEARSON

Max PERRY

Ben RATHBONE

Adam ROYNON

Jack SMITH

Ben TRIGGER

Last rider TBC…

On Workington's website

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Neila said:

It Appears that Redcar are at Berwick that night so that's the reason no Conner bailey or Luke Harrison unfortunately 

And Ace is in Zarnovica for the European under 19 championship

On 7/20/2023 at 5:04 PM, Fozzie4388 said:

Nathan ABLITT

Kyle BICKLEY

Ashton BOUGHEN

Alfie BOWTELL

Steve BOXALL

Max CLEGG

Luke CRANG

Sam HAGON

Elliot KELLY

Harry McGURK

Sam McGURK

James PEARSON

Max PERRY

Ben RATHBONE

Adam ROYNON

Jack SMITH

Ben TRIGGER

Last rider TBC…

On Workington's website

Bickley making the comeback found all his toys again then.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Probably see’s an opportunity in a underperforming Comets Team.

Too high an average to fit into Comets side, and wanted too much money over winter to sign as a comet, but good luck in riding on Saturday 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Comets dodged a bullet there then.

Once he knew he was expected to be at Worky in the maiden season, I suppose he asked Top dog in wages thinking it couldn't be refused. I was pleased and not surprised that they picked the best riders they could get, but unfortunately some have not justified that faith for whatever reason. It was thought the Comets team could go through the season undefeated this season at home, but fortunately despite their home losses the gate seems to be holding up with some cracking meetings,

• Like 2

On 7/24/2023 at 11:06 PM, 1Tsunami said:

Once he knew he was expected to be at Worky in the maiden season, I suppose he asked Top dog in wages thinking it couldn't be refused. I was pleased and not surprised that they picked the best riders they could get, but unfortunately some have not justified that faith for whatever reason. It was thought the Comets team could go through the season undefeated this season at home, but fortunately despite their home losses the gate seems to be holding up with some cracking meetings,

I think you're quite right re the Comets team. If Harry McGurk and Luke Crang had just maintained their starting average Comets current team average applicable from 1st august would be  48.47 not 41.25 which would easily be the highest in the league. Harry has dropped 4.84 and Luke 2.39. Ace has dropped a small 0.23,  the rest of the riders have increased their starting averages with Luke Harrison increasing his by 3.77. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, SteelShoe said:

I think you're quite right re the Comets team. If Harry McGurk and Luke Crang had just maintained their starting average Comets current team average applicable from 1st august would be  48.47 not 41.25 which would easily be the highest in the league. Harry has dropped 4.84 and Luke 2.39. Ace has dropped a small 0.23,  the rest of the riders have increased their starting averages with Luke Harrison increasing his by 3.77. 

Certainly not surprised that Luke or Harry have dropped (although didn't expect the alarming extent) Ace virtually holding his average is success considering he was a 3.00 newbie last season. Whats most stupid is that Sam has put over 1.5 points on his average, Harry has shipped nearly 5 from his and yet Harry will more than likely get signed up first next year.

• Like 1