British Speedway Forum

Under 21 Final, Glasgow, 16/07/23 2pm

The rain should clear up, and I’d think it will be possible to run the meeting today. No rain once we get to the afternoon. It’s possible the start might be delayed, I guess, depending on how much rain has fallen at the track. But I’m assuming it’ll go ahead

25 minutes ago, PotteringAround said:

Met office forecast for Glasgow looks bad   

80% - 90% rain until 12pm.  Then 50% rain until 6pm.  

I never trust the Met Office! But more seriously, that's an outlier compared to the other forecasts I have seen. It's been fairly dry this morning. Even if there is rain, the predictions I have seen have been 1-2mm, so I don't see an issue, other than having said it, I will be proved very wrong.

43 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

I never trust the Met Office! But more seriously, that's an outlier compared to the other forecasts I have seen. It's been fairly dry this morning. Even if there is rain, the predictions I have seen have been 1-2mm, so I don't see an issue, other than having said it, I will be proved very wrong.

The metoffice is the only one to trust 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Noelinho said:

53 minutes ago, therefused said:

The metoffice is the only one to trust 

For Scotland forecasts Windy Wilson is the way to go or Sean Batty.  No point in looking at the Met office forecasts for Scotland they are rarely accurate

3 minutes ago, SSL84 said:

Not sure why iainb but over the years there's been some very good meetings in the u19 and u21. Don't know why it's not better supported. 

Yeah, no, for sure... are there no Glasgow riders innit? I thought Connor Bailey was a Glasgow favourite, Pijper... forecast wasn't great for sure

Edited by iainb

1 minute ago, Noelinho said:

What did the TV make of heat two? Looked like Drew Kemp held on to me. Do I need to go to Specsavers?

Yeah, no, for sure, Dan got it by the width of a tyre

5 minutes ago, iainb said:

Yeah, no, for sure... are there no Glasgow riders innit? I thought Connor Bailey was a Glasgow favourite, Pijper... forecast wasn't great for sure

Probably the time. And maybe some people only care about the team. Good smattering of Plymouth fans though.