British Speedway Forum

Sos kings lynn stars

14 minutes ago, Douglas1979 said:

A genuine  poster who is worried  about  my club going  to the wall people  are quick to to be critical of people  but if you think you can  run a speedway  club go ahead

I'm just wondering where all of these "Johnny come lately" posters are coming from all of a sudden. We've all been on here sounding the warnings for years, in fact most of us have left and all of a sudden, now it's probably too late, people are coming on here to vent their spleens... welcome aboard though.

I think I could probably run a Speedway club and a lot better than those in charge currently do but there's no way on this earth that I ever would in it's current format. Why would I? In fact why do those that currently do it... do it.

Listening to Nigel Tolley on the Speeway Tavern podcast he said he did it because he's a massive Speedway fan as are his family and he knows it means so much to so many people in the community, which are all very laudable reasons but that almost sounds like a charity, which is not how Speedway should be run. As for your club, well I suspect that the promoter you had this season (and Peterborough's will he won't he potential promoter) were/are driven by hubris.

You don't need me to tell you this but if all clubs were run like Buster runs his clubs then the sport would be in a much more healthier state financially, I'd love to have a nice shiny new car on my drive, but I can't afford one, so I don't have one. Buster is no saint, I could do without all of his vindictiveness towards those that have crossed him, sometimes you just have to forgive (not forget) and move on.

Edited by iainb
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Douglas1979 said:

A genuine  poster who is worried  about  my club going  to the wall people  are quick to to be critical of people  but if you think you can  run a speedway  club go ahead

Exactly, people moan when they have a bad meal or a faulty car after a service. If you can do better step up, if not shut up. People need to realise just because they are paying their hard earned cash for something it doesn’t need to be good. 

Glad we agree with each other. 

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, ouch said:

Exactly, people moan when they have a bad meal or a faulty car after a service. If you can do better step up, if not shut up. People need to realise just because they are paying their hard earned cash for something it doesn’t need to be good. 

Glad we agree with each other. 

You should only moan if you are prepared to sort the air fences and clean the toilets I believe.....

Otherwise you are required by the happy clappers (many of whom clean toilets and sort air fences so get in for free), "Speedway Law" to attend each week, pay over your hard earned/pension, and be bloody thankful you have a track to go to, as loads have closed down...

And be under no illusions..

If your track closes, it is your fault...

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Douglas1979 said:

Instead  of  people  critising of buster why don't we as supporters get behind the club to save it.someone earlier told me it's 50/50 of the club surviving 

ive never got the 50/50 thing. Surely that applies to every single element of life. Its 50/50, it will or it won't. Every time a club runs a meetings its 50/50 that it was the last....until the next one begins

8 hours ago, Douglas1979 said:

Your on the wrong site you should be on the Peterborough happy clappers Facebook page.

On 7/12/2023 at 12:27 PM, Sings4Speedway said:

ive never got the 50/50 thing. Surely that applies to every single element of life. Its 50/50, it will or it won't. Every time a club runs a meetings its 50/50 that it was the last....until the next one begins

By your logic it’s 50 / 50 that Djokovic will win Wimbledon tomorrow. In reality it’s more like 90 / 10. Although he’ll either win or he won’t, 9 times out of ten he will.