British Speedway Forum

Plans for next season ?

I know it’s not viable but I want belle Vue to join the polish 2nd tier like landshut have done and douga, obviously costs are a lot higher but so is the TV rights and sponsorship. 

only problem is the travelling for riders. But they drive to Sweden for matches via a ferry. So can UK 

21 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

I know it’s not viable but I want belle Vue to join the polish 2nd tier like landshut have done and douga, obviously costs are a lot higher but so is the TV rights and sponsorship. 

only problem is the travelling for riders. But they drive to Sweden for matches via a ferry. So can UK 

Too high costs are the main problem in British speedway now!!

6 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

There are radical plans amongst some of the promoters for the 2024 season. 

Waiting on more detail, will fill you in around lunch time but it's basically 1 league inc the stand alone NDL teams. 

If one positive thing for 2024 happens its for the mafia to forget the NDL exists and let them control thier own destiny rather than have rules imposed that close down tracks. 

Even more hopefully is that there will be one standalone league next year and it will be the Nora league.

Is Discovery / Eurosport / BT / Sky not actually "the elephant in the room"

What money the Sport has received from those it has truly "spaffed up" and increasingly it's become a CLOSED SHOP!

BSN has shown that in-house streaming can deliver a product that is not in any way a "poor relative" for Speedway fans and if correct delivered a near 5 figure sum to CL Clubs last year. To each of the Clubs via Pooling resource.

HOW MANY NEW FANS ARE ATTRACTED BY MSM - (the above)

Is it not time to take Speedway OFF MSM and to make it stand on its own 2 feet?

BSN delivered more financial input to CL Clubs last year than "the above" have done in the past decade.

Back to Basics, cut costs and cloth accordingly and rebuild from the bottom up with "whats left" and what's sustainable.

Better to be paid £50-£80 per point than NOT paid £100- £200 a point and 4 figure guarantees.

LOCAL Advertising, LOCAL initiatives FAR more likely to attract NEW support than DISCOVERY. Local Radio does a cracking job in some areas as an example.

Edited by HGould
Spelling
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Waiting on more detail, will fill you in around lunch time but it's basically 1 league inc the stand alone NDL teams. 

one division yes but NL is essential to clubs not able to compete financially, as well as rider development and tracks that want 2nd teams.

4 hours ago, HGould said:

Is Discovery / Eurosport / BT / Sky not actually "the elephant in the room"

What money the Sport has received from those it has truly "spaffed up" and increasingly it's become a CLOSED SHOP!

BSN has shown that in-house streaming can deliver a product that is not in any way a "poor relative" for Speedway fans and if correct delivered a near 5 figure sum to CL Clubs last year. To each of the Clubs via Pooling resource.

HOW MANY NEW FANS ARE ATTRACTED BY MSM - (the above)

Is it not time to take Speedway OFF MSM and to make it stand on its own 2 feet?

BSN delivered more financial input to CL Clubs last year than "the above" have done in the past decade.

Back to Basics, cut costs and cloth accordingly and rebuild from the bottom up with "whats left" and what's sustainable.

Better to be paid £50-£80 per point than NOT paid £100- £200 a point and 4 figure guarantees.

LOCAL Advertising, LOCAL initiatives FAR more likely to attract NEW support than DISCOVERY. Local Radio does a cracking job in some areas as an example.

How long is the domestic TV contract? 

11 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Where are you Daniel? Bated breath here!!

1 hour ago, noaksey said:

How long is the domestic TV contract? 

I think it was 5 years but then covid hit so that was moved on one year, so it should come to an end in 2026... unless they buy themselves out of it like Sky did

Edited by iainb

I mentioned this on another thread but got shot down, all issues with Speedway can't be fixed during one winter....

I've suggested one league or a north/south split but you run two teams within one

Top 4 are your main body riders with no.1 & no. 4 being the only heat leaders in the side

No.5 is a senior reserve rider, with no.6 and 7 being reserves 

2 x reserve races featuring 6 & 7, they get a ride each with the no.5 so only 3 programmed rides

The senior reserve at no.5 rides with 2 & 3 in a heat so get 4 programmed rides

The top 4 all race against each other and with two nominated heats you get 14 overall heats of racing, the top 4 will likely get 5 rides each

teams build sides mainly for who can race on their best race night as whats important is to get fans to attend the home meetings

you may need guests away if you have a rider in Poland and its a weekend track

6 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

I mentioned this on another thread but got shot down, all issues with Speedway can't be fixed during one winter....

They have had about 25 winters and not even fixed one.......but who knows, maybe the appointment of some bloke last winter might keep that Eternal hope spring flowing ?

1 hour ago, Falcon1983 said:

I've suggested one league or a north/south split but you run two teams within one

Top 4 are your main body riders with no.1 & no. 4 being the only heat leaders in the side

No.5 is a senior reserve rider, with no.6 and 7 being reserves 

2 x reserve races featuring 6 & 7, they get a ride each with the no.5 so only 3 programmed rides

The senior reserve at no.5 rides with 2 & 3 in a heat so get 4 programmed rides

The top 4 all race against each other and with two nominated heats you get 14 overall heats of racing, the top 4 will likely get 5 rides each

teams build sides mainly for who can race on their best race night as whats important is to get fans to attend the home meetings

you may need guests away if you have a rider in Poland and its a weekend track

why would a youngster travel for just three rides? 

6 or even 5 man teams are the only sensible option

• Like 2

The sport is too far gone now. Undoubtedly there will be lip service changes made in the winter that benefit the higher percentage of clubs that vote for them. We need to rip it up and start again. 

Alarm bells should have started ringing when the biggest, best run club in the sport (Poole) dropped a division because they couldn’t sustain top tier Speedway. 

Speedway is cocaine. Addictive, but by the time it reaches the end user it’s been cut with so much rubbish by the dealer that it barely resembles the pure product. Only a few gullible fools can’t see that and carry on with it to get their hit. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ben91 said:

The sport is too far gone now. Undoubtedly there will be lip service changes made in the winter that benefit the higher percentage of clubs that vote for them. We need to rip it up and start again. 

Alarm bells should have started ringing when the biggest, best run club in the sport (Poole) dropped a division because they couldn’t sustain top tier Speedway. 

Speedway is cocaine. Addictive, but by the time it reaches the end user it’s been cut with so much rubbish by the dealer that it barely resembles the pure product. Only a few gullible fools can’t see that and carry on with it to get their hit

I find that offensive. I still attend meetings up and down the country and still thoroughly enjoy it. I don’t consider myself a “gullible fool” either. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Ben91 said:

Speedway is cocaine. Addictive, but by the time it reaches the end user it’s been cut with so much rubbish by the dealer that it barely resembles the pure product. Only a few gullible fools can’t see that and carry on with it to get their hit. 

Not sure we would have if we were allowed Weds nights though imo. They were losing too much money riding on Thursdays (the crowd was half what it is now). 

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Not sure we would have if we were allowed Weds nights though imo. They were losing too much money riding on Thursdays (the crowd was half what it is now). 

Even now never really understood that about Thursday being so down on a Wednesday if it meant top league racing( although I think the championship is the place to be so did make the right move anyway), perhaps curry club at Spoons, main swingers night is Thursday night in Poole, perhaps you could enlighten me....

• Like 1