British Speedway Forum

Oxford vs Edinburgh - Champ - 12/6

1 minute ago, Toady said:

Seem to be getting these regularly this season at Oxford long may it continue

Overall both the last two meetings were fairly average but lifted by a couple of exceptional races (hts 11 & 13 with Schlein v Berwick, and heats 7[Nicholls team riding to keep Pickering out] and 13 last night)

• Like 1

Are the Ox still getting big crowds as last season, especially as they're top of the league?. Also do you have to book grandstand seats for the night? Coming up from Swoinedown for a couple of meetings.

10 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

Are the Ox still getting big crowds as last season, especially as they're top of the league?. Also do you have to book grandstand seats for the night? Coming up from Swoinedown for a couple of meetings.

I know you're 90 and probably forget things, but I'm sure I've answered this grandstand question multiple times now. You don't have to (or rather can't) book grandstand tickets. It's first come, first served. You can, of course, book a spot in the restaurant if that floats your boat.

1 minute ago, Bojangles said:

I know you're 90 and probably forget things, but I'm sure I've answered this grandstand question multiple times now. You don't have to (or rather can't) book grandstand tickets. It's first come, first served. You can, of course, book a spot in the restaurant if that floats your boat.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

So it's a water-themed restaurant:D

The team riding and awareness of Scott Nicholls in heat 7 had to be seen to be believed, getting the much slower Heeps over the line for a 5:1 over Pickering, inside, outside, continually looking, ride of this season and many others, sublime stuff. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hilly said:

The team riding and awareness of Scott Nicholls in heat 7 had to be seen to be believed, getting the much slower Heeps over the line for a 5:1 over Pickering, inside, outside, continually looking, ride of this season and many others, sublime stuff. 

Team Riding is one of the great spectacles in team speedway in my opinion.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hilly said:

4 hours ago, steve roberts said:

Team Riding is one of the great spectacles in team speedway in my opinion.

You don't see much team riding these days, so it's even more special when it happens now.

• Like 1

The team riding in heat 7 was superb, but they clearly learned from their mistakes. Nicholls and Heeps tried to do exactly the same thing to Schlein the week before in heat 11 and it went horribly wrong. Two points lost on that occasion. Fair play to them for giving it another go, though.

Edited by BackInTheDHSS
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

You don't see much team riding these days, so it's even more special when it happens now.

Shane Parker was best I'd ever seen at it, way he sheparded round guys like cockle, ksiezak, etc who were far slower was a piece of genius. Of course most of the time cockle fell off at the last bend anyway but least he tried lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Shane Parker was best I'd ever seen at it, way he sheparded round guys like cockle, ksiezak, etc who were far slower was a piece of genius. Of course most of the time cockle fell off at the last bend anyway but least he tried lol

Greg Hancock wasn't half bad at it especially when partnered with Travis McGowan for the Silver Machine

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Hans Nielsen was the best exponent of the art that I ever witnessed although a colleague of mine mentioned that Ronnie Moore was a class above all others plus throw in the likes of Ivan Mauger and, as much as I hate to admit, Ole Olsen! George Hunter when a "Cheetah" was also pretty good and Jan Staechmann covering for Todd Wiltshire in particular.

2 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

Hans Nielsen was the best exponent of the art that I ever witnessed although a colleague of mine mentioned that Ronnie Moore was a class above all others plus throw in the likes of Ivan Mauger and, as much as I hate to admit, Ole Olsen! George Hunter when a "Cheetah" was also pretty good and Jan Staechmann covering for Todd Wiltshire in particular.

George Hunter was a master at Team Riding .IMO

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

Your colleague is right. Ronnie Moore was the true master of team riding

• Like 2