British Speedway Forum

Birmingham v Glasgow 12/07/23

5 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Harris, Brennan, Basso, Vissing ??? 

I think you'll edge it by about 4/6 points....

It's a great feeling tonight for us home fans, because I think it's the first meeting this season where I think we can say that we've got a chance of winning for once!

Say that again!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Robinh88 said:

Speedway must be one of the 'cleanest' sports in the world? Grigorij Laguta, Patryk Dudek, Jason Garrity all banned! Speedway thankfully is one sport that takes this issue very, very seriously.

P.S - Sarcasm

It’s ok not a problem, if true they will be able to reason it was in a prescription and didn’t realise it was there, so the SCB will ban them for the off season and they’ll be back at the tapes at the start of the year as if nothing really happened!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Can I ask why you asked this Question the day BEFORE the meeting.Was he injured elsewhere or was there another reason being known

He was injured the weekend before last in Poland, missed the Leicester match on the Thursday... feasible he's been taking prohibited pain killers or the like I suppose if the drug test thing is true

Edited by iainb
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Robinh88 said:

Speedway must be one of the 'cleanest' sports in the world? Grigorij Laguta, Patryk Dudek, Jason Garrity all banned! Speedway thankfully is one sport that takes this issue very, very seriously.

P.S - Sarcasm

You forgot Broberg, Jonasson, Drabik, Birkemose

I'll take the win for tigers & we done well but no idea what happened to Morris that helped us big time that & an off par sedgy but delighted with the points & undefeated in league the big test is v poole at ashfield in league let's hope we do those pesky pirates 

16 minutes ago, iainb said:

He was injured the weekend before last in Poland, missed the Leicester match on the Thursday... feasible he's been taking prohibited pain killers or the like I suppose if the drug test thing is true

He missed Leicester vs Peterborough last Thursday but returned to racing  at the weekend in Poland for Daugavpils scoring 8 points from 5 rides without a fall .

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Lenny Lion said:

He missed Leicester vs Peterborough last Thursday but returned to racing  at the weekend in Poland for Daugavpils scoring 8 points from 5 rides without a fall .

Doesn't mean to say he didn't aggravate the injury... we'll find out in the fulness of time just what's give on... hopefully

Edited by iainb

25 minutes ago, Robinh88 said:

Zero tolerance... About time other sports start taking it as serious as well.

Wait for the facts first - if its a recreational drug then yes, but if its a painkiller then lets not be so quick to judge - I could techically overdo it with my inhaler and test positive!

• Like 3

First time at Perry Barr, great venue and great fans.

Problem number 1, the guy at the petrol station 2 mins down the road doesn't even know there's a  speedway track less than a minute away.

Would've been far closer if Morris had been riding, Alfie Bowtell did an outstanding job.

Not allowing Marcins Mechanic on to fit the dirt deflector in heat 1 when they'd realised their mistake was a bit unfortunate.

Some outstanding Passing and hard riding from Both teams.

Hope the Brummies are back with us in 24 because we'll definitely be back.

• Like 3

30 Sept 2022 Nathan Ablitt absent at Armadale. Belle Vue have to track one rider in 3 races

10 June 2023 Ashton Boughen absents himself from Workington. Leicester have to track one rider in three races.

Nick Morris tonight gets REPLACED four times.

...... can anybody explain the difference?

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, arnieg said:

30 Sept 2022 Nathan Ablitt absent at Armadale. Belle Vue have to track one rider in 3 races

10 June 2023 Ashton Boughen absents himself from Workington. Leicester have to track one rider in three races.

Nick Morris tonight gets REPLACED four times.

...... can anybody explain the difference?

Because those are the rules for absence. The rules applied here are the ones which come into play when a rider has failed or refused anti doping/alcohol testing, seemingly. Where they are excluded from the meeting with rides only able to be taken by reserves / TS. 

• Like 1

Just now, IanBrannan said:

Because those are the rules for absence. The rules applied here are the ones which come into play when a rider has failed or refused anti doping/alcohol testing, seemingly. Where they are excluded from the meeting with rides only able to be taken by reserves / TS. 

That’s what happened in the Oxford v Plymouth meeting last year as well.