British Speedway Forum

Poole v Berwick 12/7/23 CL

On Wednesday we welcome Berwick to Wimborne Road for a Championship fixture. Will they put up more of a fight that Glasgow did? Not sure they will to be honest.

Forecast is for a strong WSW breeze and afternoon showers but it’s a fair way off yet.

This was the Berwick lineup at Oxford last Wednesday. Guess it’s the same?

1. Rory Schlein 
2. Jye Etheridge 
3. Jonas Knudsen
4. Leon Flint 
5. Thomas Jorgensen 
6. Jacob Hook 
7. Connor Coles 

Rory knows the best way around Poole, and Flint has had some very decent meetings last season down here. But Etheridge, Knudsen and Jorgensen,( if fit), need to really step up to keep it competitive. Berwick reserves are decent and might pick up some points. 

54-36?

Well we better be careful what with Captain Hook in town to steal our treasure! 

Been a while since TJ been at Poole as he always used to be 'ill' when Lynn were down. So be interesting to see if he turns up and if so what he scores! They also pushed Oxford hard until last 3 heats so not to be written off! 

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

On Wednesday we welcome Berwick to Wimborne Road for a Championship fixture. Will they put up more of a fight that Glasgow did? Not sure they will to be honest.

Forecast is for a strong WSW breeze and afternoon showers but it’s a fair way off yet.

This was the Berwick lineup at Oxford last Wednesday. Guess it’s the same?

1. Rory Schlein 
2. Jye Etheridge 
3. Jonas Knudsen
4. Leon Flint 
5. Thomas Jorgensen 
6. Jacob Hook 
7. Connor Coles 

Rory knows the best way around Poole, and Flint has had some very decent meetings last season down here. But Etheridge, Knudsen and Jorgensen,( if fit), need to really step up to keep it competitive. Berwick reserves are decent and might pick up some points. 

54-36?

If Berwick lost by 16 at the unbeaten league leaders, it should be closer at Poole - a team Oxford beat almost as easily a couple of weeks ago. 46-44 

2 hours ago, Bojangles said:

If Berwick lost by 16 at the unbeaten league leaders, it should be closer at Poole - a team Oxford beat almost as easily a couple of weeks ago. 46-44 

I do find comments like this hilarious, (whether it's a joke or not still funny to me) Poole won home & away to Oxford in the BSN, knock Oxford out of the KOC & just because they lose the away league match (could still win the bonus) people have made such a big deal of it.

I guess because Poole have been so successful over the years, I means more to the opposition when they beat them?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Been a while since TJ been at Poole as he always used to be 'ill' when Lynn were down. So be interesting to see if he turns up and if so what he scores! They also pushed Oxford hard until last 3 heats so not to be written off! 

Poole to sneak a win then.

3 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I do find comments like this hilarious, (whether it's a joke or not still funny to me) Poole won home & away to Oxford in the BSN, knock Oxford out of the KOC & just because they lose the away league match (could still win the bonus) people have made such a big deal of it.

I guess because Poole have been so successful over the years, I means more to the opposition when they beat them?

Yes, it was obviously a joke. Glad you found it funny. 

Berwick will score more than Glasgow so i will go Poole 50 Berwick 40

7 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Are you thinking of someone else? Looks like he missed one visit to Poole out of eight for the three seasons he rode for Lynn that they were in the same league as Poole, and that was due to an injury.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Are you thinking of someone else? Looks like he missed one visit to Poole out of eight for the three seasons he rode for Lynn that they were in the same league as Poole, and that was due to an injury.

Maybe then. Could have sworn it was TJ though. Would have been 2018/2019 seasons. 

8 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Oh look a picture of the Plymouth track. Oh wait, no Plymouth is much smaller than a roundabout. 

Here is one roundabout is even smaller than Plymouth......racing round this one is still more exciting than at Poole though....its got at least two racing lines and everything.............

image.png.4ff3304ebcf2e41d8fa17bd4a7e4aaf7.png

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Just doubled checked it (which I should have done in the first place - but I was 99% sure it was him!) So assuming he didn't have a guest in for him (Lynn have used a lot of guests at Poole over the years!) Then yes I must have got him confused with someone else. Sorry TJ! 

I might look into see who I am thinking of if I have a boring afternoon at some point. I will interested to know who it is now! 

• Haha 1