British Speedway Forum

British GP Cardiff Saturday 2nd September

Would have been interesting to see how Chris Harris's dream of a Cardiff wild card would have squared with his dream of becoming World Longtrack Champion as the Britsh GP clashes with the penultimate round of the Longtrack series, a problem he fortunately doesn't have. Shame really as he was in vintage form around the EoES last night!

• Like 1

On 8/24/2023 at 11:31 PM, dukiedesmo said:

I've been very fortunate to be given the Cardiff Full Throttle in the Royal Box hospitality package by a group of friends for my 60th birthday. I have the ticket in my See Ticket app but there's no information in terms of timings for the day. Does anyone have any details of where I need to be and when or can suggest who I could contact to confirm as I've not been able to find either? Any help greatfully appreciated. Many thanks.

The did send out email last Friday with some timings on them.

If i remember correctly the entry to stadium was from 14:30 and meal starts at 15:00

Edited by severnsider

If anyone's intersted there's no park and ride facility at Cardiff City's ground this year even though the team's playing away at Ipswich.

With a rail strike set for this Saturday I would have thought they could do with every parking facility in the city  available.

Parking details for the event can be foound here  https://prnewslink.net/releases/32094.html  

Not sure where I saw it, but a few weeks ago in a promo interview sure I saw Phil Morris mentioning a "test event" for the track this year, prior tobthe GP. Appreciate that this will probably be behind closed doors (like quali!) But not seen any further mention since. Did I dream the whe thing or can anyone shed any light?

35 minutes ago, NickB said:

Not sure where I saw it, but a few weeks ago in a promo interview sure I saw Phil Morris mentioning a "test event" for the track this year, prior tobthe GP. Appreciate that this will probably be behind closed doors (like quali!) But not seen any further mention since. Did I dream the whe thing or can anyone shed any light?

I believe that it's tomorrow.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, NickB said:

Wouldn't it be better to leave the track alone?

20 hours ago, NickB said:

Been bikes racing on track today, don't know who was involved, but Ashton boughen put a couple of videos on his Facebook page

• Like 1