British Speedway Forum

British GP Cardiff Saturday 2nd September

Anyone know what Cardiff centre is like during train strikes? 

Birmingham is generally bedlam with everything grid locked. 

should I expect the same travelling into Cardiff? I’m parking in the NCP Pellett Street.

Edited by Deano

4 minutes ago, Deano said:

should I expect the same travelling into Cardiff? I’m parking in the NCP Pellett Street.

Pretty much, it's chaos most days. As you'll most likely come down Newport Road from the M4 it does get very busy. 

Maybe busier than usual getting out as there is a strongman competition in the CIA opposite and it tends to be a car park of choice for events there as its so close.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Deano said:

Fortunately for you there's not going to be 40,000 Speedway Fans clogging the place up, so you should be ok :D

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Waspman said:

How many then?

Don't know, but the rumour was 7,500, would think it would be more than that though, last year's looked to be around 20,000 based on the 40,000 estimate from 2019, can't think there'd be more than last year based on last years fiasco

Edited by iainb

Given that Andzejs Lebedevs has been announced as the confirmed replacement for Anders Thomson but nothing regarding Jan Kvech, can we assume Jack is planning to try and ride.

24 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Vatchers favourites 

Riders were

simon Lambert, Conor Mountain , Danyon Hume, Nathan Ablitt, Drew Kemp, Jordan Jenkins ,Ashton Boughen and Luke Harrison so 4 scunthorpe riders and a scunthorpe born rider in the 8 wonder I who could of had a big say in the selection . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2