British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue v Kent - Friday 7 July

29 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

18 points is pretty healthy and Bowtell for Morley is an upgrade although Hook for Ablitt is a downgrade. Belle Vue are usually good for mid 50s at home so i suspect they will sneak the bonus point late on.

Not if you go by their Championship averages, much closer with the NL averages though.

35 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

18 points is pretty healthy and Bowtell for Morley is an upgrade although Hook for Ablitt is a downgrade. Belle Vue are usually good for mid 50s at home so i suspect they will sneak the bonus point late on.

Would be, but Bowtell rides for Mildenhall not Kent.   Morley is the Kent No.1

• Thanks 1

Kent were embarrassing last night. Miles off the pace. And only points they scored were due to mistakes we made except for hook

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Kent were embarrassing last night. Miles off the pace. And only points they scored were due to mistakes we made except for hook

Was always going to be a humping. Kents only decent rider around belle vue was off on CL duty. Brutally several of the others just aren't up to it. Sam Woolley has been woeful all year, King fortunate but no progression and Naylors equipment is held together with chewing gum and crossed fingers. Whilst the two teams are built for differing tracks the gulf in ability shouldn't be that vast. 

Good result for Belle Vue, but they need some away wins if they are going to make the playoffs. Got to beat Berwick and Workington, and it still might not be enough if Mildenhall and Leicester win all their home meetings, and pick up at least one away win. Oxford’s three away wins (and a winnable Kent fixture to come) already should mean they top the table. I can’t see them losing any at home. 

Edited by BackInTheDHSS

26 minutes ago, BackInTheDHSS said:

Good result for Belle Vue, but they need some away wins if they are going to make the playoffs. Got to beat Berwick and Workington, and it still might not be enough if Mildenhall and Leicester win all their home meetings, and pick up at least one away win. Oxford’s three away wins (and a winnable Kent fixture to come) already should mean they top the table. I can’t see them losing any at home. 

Can't see belle vue getting anything away.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BackInTheDHSS said:

I've not looked ahead to remaining fixtures, but Belle Vue are not out if it, if big outsiders. Of course any teams going to Berwick will Habe a tougher time now they've signed Boxall.

4 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Of course any teams going to Berwick will Have a tougher time now they've signed Boxall.

Belle Vue seem to be unlucky the way the fixtures have fallen.   Went to Kent with half a team where a full team would have won.  Most teams have won at Berwick, but Belle Vue won't win now that they've fiddled Boxall in on a dodgy average.   They also have to go to Workington, but what's the chances of Bickley being in there soon?

3 hours ago, PotteringAround said:

Belle Vue seem to be unlucky the way the fixtures have fallen.   Went to Kent with half a team where a full team would have won.  Most teams have won at Berwick, but Belle Vue won't win now that they've fiddled Boxall in on a dodgy average.   They also have to go to Workington, but what's the chances of Bickley being in there soon?

To be fair full team or not Belle Vue just don't win away. They are so dialled in at thier home track (with the setup known and kept closely within camp) but largely hopeless away. Plenty of teams like it, as a visiting team to have any chance you want to be going to Belle Vue in the early fixtures not once fully dialled in. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PotteringAround said:

I'd say absolutely zero chance!

While it's unfortunate the way the fixtures work for some teams when it comes to Speedway, nothing you can do about it. Belle Vue need to improve their away form to win leagues, but their strong home form should always keep them away from the bottom places.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I'd say absolutely zero chance!

While it's unfortunate the way the fixtures work for some teams when it comes to Speedway, nothing you can do about it. Belle Vue need to improve their away form to win leagues, but their strong home form should always keep them away from the bottom places.

And their massive home scores ensure their overall GSA is sufficiently high to limit the flexibility they have in team changes that might address their away weakness.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, arnieg said:

And their massive home scores ensure their overall GSA is sufficiently high to limit the flexibility they have in team changes that might address their away weakness.

Definitely a juggling act. Need to keep a core most seasons to help with home track advantage. Sadly Smith never travels well which eats a big chunk of points and most teams are strong at home this year which makes the task even harder.

• Like 1

On 7/8/2023 at 3:54 PM, szkocjasid said:

I've not looked ahead to remaining fixtures, but Belle Vue are not out if it, if big outsiders. Of course any teams going to Berwick will Habe a tougher time now they've signed Boxall.

That's exactly what I said. Belle Vue need to win their remaining away fixtures and hope BOTH Leicester and MIldenhall don't win meetings you'd expect them to win. Stranger things have always happened (look how Belle Vue themselves blew it last season), but a top-two finish is looking unlikely.