British Speedway Forum

Glasgow v Redcar CL 7/7/23 @7-30

26 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Essentially it's Complin who isn't reaching the heights expected. He was a gamble but it seemed like a calculated one bearing in mind his experience, NL scores and a few decent Champ performances last year. 

From what I've heard, he was coming in better prepared,on better equipment and lighter than 2022.

When the announcement was made I did say to a few people that there was going to be a lot of expectation on him to score to make up for our young 2 pointer at 7 with no pressure on his shoulders, in the last couple of meetings it's been our 16 year old who's performing better and having to try and pull in those extra few points for our reserve pairing.

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Do you not think they we’re expecting more though.Basically he could score his average and only beat 1opposition rider once.Averages don’t always tell the story IMO.

Personally I wasn’t really sure what to expect away from home but I did think he would do better at Ashfield, pretty inconsistent. Beats a heat leader one heat then finishes behind a reserve the next.

Up until the Poole meeting he had won a heat at every away track he’d visited this season. I’d hazard a guess that he’s the only number 2 in the league to have done that. We’ll see how he gets on this week at Plymouth & Birmingham. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Do you not think they we’re expecting more though.Basically he could score his average and only beat 1opposition rider once.Averages don’t always tell the story IMO.

Only if you have  VERY low expectation of Harris

2 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Only if you have  VERY low expectation of Harris

Only stating an example how you can score 5pts.He has cost Harris some points this season on the meetings I witnessed.Like  Cerro says very inconsistent.Like I have said before Averages are killing the sport.IMO