British Speedway Forum

Glasgow (28) vs (62) PIRATES BSN Final 2nd leg 21st July

4 minutes ago, Cast1rn said:

You do realise it's made of wood ?

When you are only 12 years of age whether its wood, metal, or sawdust it doesn't matter what it is made of. 

Brasso will clean it anyway.

Edited by Gazc

5 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Great to hear Bomber's views of last Wednesday's meeting on the Official Speedway podcast.

"Nothing wrong with the track, Poole were dialled in and we just didn't perform"!

Tbf haven't heard any of their riders moan about the track. It is really just their fans and Cami. 

8 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Great to hear Bomber's views of last Wednesday's meeting on the Official Speedway podcast.

"Nothing wrong with the track, Poole were dialled in and we just didn't perform"!

Not sure Tom's shoulder or first bike would agree with that, or even you're description of a rut as a ridge but why worry about that eh. As has been said by all Glasgow fans we can't gate, you can't pass at Poole. Let's all make like Anna and let it go eh

Edited by Jaizer
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Not sure Tom's shoulder or first bike would agree with that, or even you're description of a rut as a ridge but why worry about that eh. As has been said by all Glasgow fans we can't gate, you can't pass at Poole. Let's all make like Anna and let it go eh

Elsa!

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Tbf haven't heard any of their riders moan about the track. It is really just their fans and Cami. 

See again your miss quoting "their fans"

Nobody has said for one minute that Poole weren't  the stronger team, they were outstanding with the setups and deserved to win 110%.

I for one can't wait to see the cook brothers RACING around Ashfield, and Bomber, Basso, Worral and The Son of God battling round in heat 13. It's going to be awesome. @lisa-colette

• Like 1

Eyes now firmly focused on this Friday as the Pirates set sail to Ashfield.

Putting the 1st leg score aside for a moment I hope to witness an entertaining meeting as I know Ashfield serves up some brilliant racing.

Will the Tigers give the Pirates anything to be nervous about?

Pirates trophy to lose and I'm going for a Pirates 46-44 win to seal the deal.

C'mon the PIRATES :t:

• Like 1

There’s no collywobbles to be had about this meeting. We can all watch the stream on BSN. Champions will not be in doubt but Poole will hopefully not just go through the motions to get 30 points. Think they will want to win on the night.

Forecast shows a small risk of a few light shower in the afternoon. Shouldn’t put the meeting in doubt.

1 hour ago, lbw said:

Eyes now firmly focused on this Friday as the Pirates set sail to Ashfield.

Putting the 1st leg score aside for a moment I hope to witness an entertaining meeting as I know Ashfield serves up some brilliant racing.

Will the Tigers give the Pirates anything to be nervous about?

Pirates trophy to lose and I'm going for a Pirates 46-44 win to seal the deal.

C'mon the PIRATES :t:

63-27 win for the Tigers after Lawson, Worrall and the Cook brothers develop food poisoning after buying lunchtime kebabs on Sauchiehall Street

1 hour ago, Nickinho said:

63-27 win for the Tigers after Lawson, Worrall and the Cook brothers develop food poisoning after buying lunchtime kebabs on Sauchiehall Street

Nice to know that there is still a sense of realism on the forum?!:rofl:

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Nickinho said:

Anders getting some decent track practice today -  on a very slick track apparently.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

There’s no collywobbles to be had about this meeting. We can all watch the stream on BSN. Champions will not be in doubt but Poole will hopefully not just go through the motions to get 30 points. Think they will want to win on the night.

Forecast shows a small risk of a few light shower in the afternoon. Shouldn’t put the meeting in doubt.

Neil Middleditch wants to win everywhere, I don't think he'd tell his lads to take it easy. Could be Havvy team managing, if so he'd be wanting to keep up a record of not having being beaten this season.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Anders getting some decent track practice today -  on a very slick track apparently.

Only prepared this way due to the amount of rain we have endured.

Also taking into account the inexperience off some then it’s a sensible decision.

19 hours ago, Fromafar said:

You obviously weren’t watching.Anything but slick track.Plenty racing lines.

Nah he makes it up as he goes along.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

So 3 days further on, what are the latest views on tomorrows meeting?

Poole will win the trophy but hopefully Tigers can at least win the meeting, even if only by 2 points and superb racing to entertain the fans

• Like 2