British Speedway Forum

Glasgow (28) vs (62) PIRATES BSN Final 2nd leg 21st July

8 hours ago, BackInTheDHSS said:

Reading this thread is hilarious. Shovlar has completely thrown chris4gillian under the bus - although he'll probably still be in denial.

It was a joke play on words which flew above the head of many. Nothing more.

Basso, Brasso. One rides for Glasgow, the other polishes trophies. Know which one I would rather have.

Looking forward to the second leg.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Basso, Brasso. One rides for Glasgow, the other polishes trophies. Know which one I would rather have.

**asso,just a play on words:t:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, lewy said:

**asso,just a play on words:t:

Thing is 8 year olds in the playground wouldn’t even find Shovel funny , and he then thinks he’s on a fishing trip when in reality we are all laughing at him rather than with him.

Guy is a sack or comes across as one plain and simple.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Thing is 8 year olds in the playground wouldn’t even find Shovel funny , and he then thinks he’s on a fishing trip when in reality we are all laughing at him rather than with him.

Guy is a sack or comes across as one plain and simple.

Exactly, love it when we get the fool playing. Most of the time hides or blocks when he’s getting smashed.

4 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

But you realise the significance of the timing of your ‘joke’ after what chris4gillian said? Or did that one fly over your head? 

2 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

How is it poop? They are wind in the willows characters! Who wants to be the grumpy badger? I vote for Gaz :D

The vote would be void , apparently badgers aren’t grumpy at all just googled it.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, BackInTheDHSS said:

But you realise the significance of the timing of your ‘joke’ after what chris4gillian said? Or did that one fly over your head? 

I don’t read Chris4gillians posts. I blocked him a couple of years ago.

Anyway Poole’s first trophy of the season coming up. Then we have the KO Cup final against either Redcar of Scunthorpe. That will be tougher as both ride Wimborne Road well.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

1 hour ago, BackInTheDHSS said:

He and a few others on here are part of the reason why people don’t want to see Poole do well. The way they go on is laughable.

3 minutes ago, bloom89 said:

He and a few others on here are part of the reason why people don’t want to see Poole do well. The way they go on is laughable.

So Poole fans are not meant to grin and celebrate when we win? Ridiculous! 

If course other fans don’t want to see Poole win. It’s a sport! Our victories won’t last forever and when we lose other fans will celebrate. 

It’s the same in all sports when one club dominate for a period. 

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

If course other fans don’t want to see Poole win. It’s a sport! Our victories won’t last forever and when we lose other fans will celebrate. 

Nnnooo Steve, we want to dominate forever :rofl::rofl::party:

3 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Don’t get me wrong Poole are probably the best run speedway team and most successful they always seem to have good crowds and get really good sponsorship every season and since they’ve dropped down have assembled really strong teams I think more teams should aspire to be like them and I get a winning team makes fans etc confident there’s nothing wrong with that but sometimes you and others do go ott.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I don’t read Chris4gillians posts. I blocked him a couple of years ago.

Anyway Poole’s first trophy of the season coming up. Then we have the KO Cup final against either Redcar of Scunthorpe. That will be tougher as both ride Wimborne Road well.

To summarise. He basically said Poole fans don’t troll or gloat and to prove him wrong, and then you posted the ‘basso/brasso’ comment almost immediately afterwards. 

Carlsberg don’t do forum posts, but if they did…

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, bloom89 said:

Don’t get me wrong Poole are probably the best run speedway team and most successful they always seem to have good crowds and get really good sponsorship every season and since they’ve dropped down have assembled really strong teams I think more teams should aspire to be like them and I get a winning team makes fans etc confident there’s nothing wrong with that but sometimes you and others do go ott.

Like when? Celebrating our win on Wednesday?

7 minutes ago, BackInTheDHSS said:

To summarise. He basically said Poole fans don’t troll or gloat and to prove him wrong, and then you posted the ‘basso/brasso’ comment almost immediately afterwards. 

Carlsberg don’t do forum posts, but if they did…

I don't think he said we don't gloat. Cos we definitely do!