British Speedway Forum

Glasgow (28) vs (62) PIRATES BSN Final 2nd leg 21st July

27 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

One way or another the Pirate boys and fans will be celebrating tonight with Danny announcing his engagement to Danielle in Florida today!!:t::cheers:

Sounds like he's transitioning :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Tbf some Poole fans have a point here & I'm a big tigers fan if racing is the be all & end all then why would it affect the attendance practice what u preach as they say i know its a dead rubber but if u want a good tight meeting then this should be it ...a lot of tigers fans slagging off Wimborne Road and I've done it not a fan myself if I'm honest but if winning isn't important then you should still be going ...I desperately want tigers to be a winning club I don't hide it ill be going tonight because I love good speedway but I also want glasgow to win trophies as well it is allowed you know that and a good circuit and racing ...its all about a good 1-7 sadly were not that 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cabbageman said:

Tbf some Poole fans have a point here & I'm a big tigers fan if racing is the be all & end all then why would it affect the attendance practice what u preach as they say i know its a dead rubber but if u want a good tight meeting then this should be it ...a lot of tigers fans slagging off Wimborne Road and I've done it not a fan myself if I'm honest but if winning isn't important then you should still be going ...I desperately want tigers to be a winning club I don't hide it ill be going tonight because I love good speedway but I also want glasgow to win trophies as well it is allowed you know that and a good circuit and racing ...its all about a good 1-7 sadly were not that 

People need to really understand that Wimborne Road is a great racetrack. We witness brilliant racing virtually every week, except perhaps when Glasgow are in town. If racing was so processional we wouldn’t get a crowd. Berwick put up a far better fight last week. 

I go home and away and have visited every Championship club with the exception of Edinburgh and Redcar. I was at Birmingham on Wednesday and the racing was pretty dire. Poole is better than the majority of tracks in the U.K., with perhaps the exception of a few. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

People need to really understand that Wimborne Road is a great racetrack. We witness brilliant racing virtually every week, except perhaps when Glasgow are in town. If racing was so processional we wouldn’t get a crowd. Berwick put up a far better fight last week. 

I go home and away and have visited every Championship club with the exception of Edinburgh and Redcar. I was at Birmingham on Wednesday and the racing was pretty dire. Poole is better than the majority of tracks in the U.K., with perhaps the exception of a few. 

Cough cough. Plymouth. Cough cough 

32 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Agree Plymouth is a dire little racetrack. But better than nothing. 

Was more meaning your home meeting with them lol. Poole been on bsn 3 times and 2 meetings been dire. As it's the only sample I have that's what opinions are based on. I actually thought in EL days was one of better tracks when was on the telly. Just haven't seen many good ones when on Bsn 

7 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Was more meaning your home meeting with them lol. Poole been on bsn 3 times and 2 meetings been dire. As it's the only sample I have that's what opinions are based on. I actually thought in EL days was one of better tracks when was on the telly. Just haven't seen many good ones when on Bsn 

Well I am there every week and the track is good with plenty of racing. But this year with Poole strong if we make the gate the opposition isn’t going to do anything. Nowt wrong with the track, perhaps the quality of opposition and the fact that PL riders have more ability. (Less so in recent seasons)

interesting track walk with Chris Harris on BSN. Think he just uses natural instinct to pass riders at the spur of the moment. Few riders blessed with that ability,

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Anyone tell the Glasgow fans there’s a meeting on tonight? Place is empty.

For a trophy they've already lost and not even deemed worthy enough riding for last year? No surprise really