British Speedway Forum

Glasgow (28) vs (62) PIRATES BSN Final 2nd leg 21st July

7 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

See not nice when someone does it to your team is it? So maybe think twice about doing it to Poole. Thanks. 

I haven't commented on Poole or your track for at least 6/7 weeks, build a bridge and get over it,you will feel much better in yourself. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Yet here you are again on a Poole thread!! Were you banned for 6 weeks?:rolleyes:

Mr snidey it's a Glasgow and Poole thread,great bunch of supporters are the Glasgow guys,great banter and humour, maybe you should take note. :rofl:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Paulco said:

Seriously ? You don't think a 34 point deficit will affect the size of the crowd ? Or are you just trying to be a smart arse?

It's always the latter with dear old Skidder.

I'm sure he'll remember 2009 when Poole were shyte, finished one from bottom and their crowds were awful. 

14 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I'm sure he'll remember 2009 when Poole were shyte, finished one from bottom and their crowds were awful. 

Yep sure do. One poor season 14 years ago now but so many trophies and great crowds since, except when we ran on Thursdays!

Edited by Skidder1

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Yet here you are again on a Poole thread!! Were you banned for 6 weeks?:rolleyes:

He actually comment on Poole earlier anyway. 

44 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Still way more than what Lynn get now though. Skidder puts money into the club, he can say what he wants. 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, BackInTheDHSS said:

I think he’s trying to make a point. Most Glasgow fans have been bleating on about how they’d rather have exciting racing at Ashfield than worry about winning silverware….so why wouldn’t they turn up to watch the ‘exciting racing’? 

'Most' Glasgow fans don't bother with speedway forums. There's probably less than 30 on this one and yes some of them would rather watch good exciting racing than win trophies. The majority of Glasgow fans are like most fans they want to see their team win at home. The difference at Glasgow is that they also get good exciting racing as a bonus. Most fans also realise that not every team can win trophies and teams that win  trophies don't always attract big crowds. The Ford's model works for Poole and they are very good at it. For example, they signed  and kept 2 of the best gaters in the league who are also apparently very good at  manipulating their averages. Unfortunately their success also results in them attracting sad people that can't help spout nonsense and who enjoy trolling, 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

'Most' Glasgow fans don't bother with speedway forums. There's probably less than 30 on this one and yes some of them would rather watch good exciting racing than win trophies. The majority of Glasgow fans are like most fans they want to see their team win at home. The difference at Glasgow is that they also get good exciting racing as a bonus. Most fans also realise that not every team can win trophies and teams that win  trophies don't always attract big crowds. The Ford's model works for Poole and they are very good at it. For example, they signed  and kept 2 of the best gaters in the league who are also apparently very good at  manipulating their averages. Unfortunately their success also results in them attracting sad people that can't help spout nonsense and who enjoy trolling, 

I was only young at the time but my memory of 93/94 glory days was racing wasn't the best, teams showed up beaten and crowds went down. Success didn't increase crowd levels for us. Same in 2011, although racing was better but crowds dwindled as the season went on

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Jaizer said:

I mean you could've waited until we got turned over by Redcar this week before gloating :D. Thank the lord I'm up north next 2 weekends lol

speaking of gloating , i remember  a certain Glasgow fan gloating on this forum a few years ago  that when they were took over , money was not a problem ahd Glasgow had 2nd strings in their team that would be heatleaders in the workington team . funny int it , how workington won the treble in 2018 with 2nd strings that rode like heatleaders .

now thats gloating .  good luck in the 2nd leg . you deserve some form of silverware  in the cabinet .. even if its a silver spoon to stir things up !

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, j2ohh said:

speaking of gloating , i remember  a certain Glasgow fan gloating on this forum a few years ago  that when they were took over , money was not a problem ahd Glasgow had 2nd strings in their team that would be heatleaders in the workington team . funny int it , how workington won the treble in 2018 with 2nd strings that rode like heatleaders .

now thats gloating .  good luck in the 2nd leg . you deserve some form of silverware  in the cabinet .. even if its a silver spoon to stir things up !

Do you lot talk about anything else but 2018? Worse than Celtic fans and 1967. Yeah you made history then were history, what a thing to celebrate 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SharpenRake said:

We don't have any trolls at Poole.  We may have one or two odd posters, but I've never witnessed any trolling from us like the trolling we receive!

Poole is without doubt the most trolled club in speedway.  Success obviously breeds contempt.

Personally I prefer to block the major trollers as I refuse to give them airtime, however fellow Pirates supporters are free to do as they wish and respond to whom they wish.  That's the whole point of a forum my dear fellow.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, chris4gillian said:

We don't have any trolls at Poole.  We may have one or two odd posters, but I've never witnessed any trolling from us like the trolling we receive!

Poole is without doubt the most trolled club in speedway.  Success obviously breeds contempt.

Personally I prefer to block the major trollers as I refuse to give them airtime, however fellow Pirates supporters are free to do as they wish and respond to whom they wish.  That's the whole point of a forum my dear fellow.

Oh the irony. You disappeared for months after trolling a certain rider.