British Speedway Forum

Latvian GP Riga Saturday 12th August

6 minutes ago, Shockster said:

Pretty sure the others could have done so if they had wanted.  No need though??

The point that was being made was that the poster was objecting to the other riders being allowed to go back into the pits. I was simply trying to explain my view that doing so was fair and not allowing them to had the potential to give the faller an unfair advantage. 

10 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

Ok. So Freddie gets to put a fresh tyre on and put new clutch plates in while the others have to use their existing ones? Why should the faller get an advantage?

What is your problem? Read the reply. If the bike was not fit to be ridden. Go shove you head up your arse and breathe in gently.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

The point that was being made was that the poster was objecting to the other riders being allowed to go back into the pits. I was simply trying to explain my view that doing so was fair and not allowing them to had the potential to give the faller an unfair advantage. 

I agree.  he wasn't getting an advantage, it was just making it fair. Personally, thought he should have gone, but as he wasn't he needed to be competitive.

1 minute ago, OveFundinFan said:

Contact Discovery+ customer service and explain the problem. If it was a problem with their app on a Firestick you can be sure others have contacted them. As I, and others were fine with Discovery+ I think you got to give it a go before you cancel.

Like I say, couldn't sort it for the Speedway World Cup either, but works perfect on my laptop. 

2 hours ago, mikebv said:

What was Woffy doing starting so far back? :D

Was always going to roll..:rolleyes:

Haps he was trying to stay out the deepest part of the rut so didn't grind out like Doyle did off gate 4, i didn't even know them ruts were that deep and they could grind out as Kelv only mentioned it about 20 times:D

15 minutes ago, kevin bass said:

Haps he was trying to stay out the deepest part of the rut so didn't grind out like Doyle did off gate 4, i didn't even know them ruts were that deep and they could grind out as Kelv only mentioned it about 20 times:D

His only chance of remotely  beating Bart was out gate him and he blew it !

16 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

Do I take it you disagree with my opinion?

No everyone is entitled to an opinion but your inability to read the response is clearly a problem for you. I said in brief without writing war and peace, if it was not suitable to be used in the race, or to put it simply, damaged beyond being safely used in the restart of the race. What more do you want in an explanation. On that note I give up and will go and watch paint dry as it is clearly a better option rather than continue to responding to the clap trap from a demented subscriber who clearly has limited intelligence and little to add to any debate. 

Dullest Grand Prix that I have seen this year.

Half of the heats had riders in making up the numbers, therefore no interest in the outcome of the heats

The only fortunate thing was watching it on catch up that cut out 2 hours of 'nothing to see here'

It's a one man GP series might as well give it Zmarzlik now and call it a do. 

• Like 1

They are starting to get boring, that line hadn't worked in two meetings! 9/1 on Freddie made it even more galling

ridiculous decision from Woffy to start half a yard away from the tapes, only he knows what was going on there. 

Edited by DJC

When the very top riders in the world are gathered together there are only a few tracks in existence that will allow them to perform at their very best. Riga, unfortunately was not one of them. Get 4 top riders all bunched together going into the 1st corner after a start is crazy when the track is not good. Last night amplified that. Organisers would have known that track surface at Riga was not the best and would cause problems, whether or not the under 21 team championship was the day before.  I know the organisers are trying to use a variety of countries to hold these prestigious GP events, but that has to be weighed against the doubtful benefit if the track doesn’t give good racing. The riders are very willing to give their best, that is obvious, what they need is tracks that will facilitate their willingness to the full, nothing less. Long narrow straights, tight bends with no or little banking, plus a dubious surface and you are inviting poor world class races. The excitement really was not there last night. Any spectator who travelled many miles/hours to a beautiful city like Riga to be dished up what was on last night certainly deserve better. Who could blame them if they didn’t return. Certainly encourage countries to put on a show, but just ensure they have all the backing to put on a show with the very top riders. It was lacking last night.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, OveFundinFan said:

When the very top riders in the world are gathered together there are only a few tracks in existence that will allow them to perform at their very best. Riga, unfortunately was not one of them. Get 4 top riders all bunched together going into the 1st corner after a start is crazy when the track is not good. Last night amplified that. Organisers would have known that track surface at Riga was not the best and would cause problems, whether or not the under 21 team championship was the day before.  I know the organisers are trying to use a variety of countries to hold these prestigious GP events, but that has to be weighed against the doubtful benefit if the track doesn’t give good racing. The riders are very willing to give their best, that is obvious, what they need is tracks that will facilitate their willingness to the full, nothing less. Long narrow straights, tight bends with no or little banking, plus a dubious surface and you are inviting poor world class races. The excitement really was not there last night. Any spectator who travelled many miles/hours to a beautiful city like Riga to be dished up what was on last night certainly deserve better. Who could blame them if they didn’t return. Certainly encourage countries to put on a show, but just ensure they have all the backing to put on a show with the very top riders. It was lacking last night.

The fans got to see plenty of Phil Morris though..

What more do people want for crying out loud...? 

Risking his life, race directing, for our entertainment.... 

Who could not help but be enthralled watching him in action with his wonderful catchphrase...

"Do you need methanol?"..

And as for his raking skills.?

Worth the admission alone just to see him rake that two yard patch of track...

It's not all about those GP riders you know..

Some people need to open their minds..

Cannot await to see Phil race direct in Cardiff.;):D.

• Haha 7

The vast majority of decent tracks are in Poland  a few in Denmark  plus the NSS ,Cardiff is what it is ( imo the Monaco of s/way )  but they try to give other country's a go .That said last nights should be the last one staged there IMO ,I think we were lucky that there were not more serious accidents .

With regard to the series being boring I have said before if you take Bart( IMO already one of the greatest  riders the sport has ever seen ) out of the equation the rest are fairly well matched.

If he would dominate the same  with the Russians in is academic IMO he is a better rider than a couple of years ago particularly in the GP's and could still get better yet not good news for the rest  , I thought he would have had a lean night last night and the other's would have closed the gap it was not to be .