British Speedway Forum

PLYMOUTH 'Gladiators' vs BERWICK 'Bandits' : Championship : 4th July 2023

2 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

ALEXA sorry i mean Lisa-Colette what is the weather forecast for Plymouth :D:D

• Haha 5

31 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

What a waste of petrol that was, but that’s nothing compared to  the 3 old age pensioners who I was talking to in the car park who had travelled all the way from Paignton to say they were not amused would be an under estimation.

Can just imagine it. 

Annoyed its rained off and the first person you meet is Moaning Mike the biggest whinger on BSF. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, HGould said:

Can just imagine it. 

Annoyed its rained off and the first person you meet is Moaning Mike the biggest whinger on BSF. 

Well he did waste a couple of quidsworth of fuel, nevermind the cost to the promotion which probably ran into god knows how much. He the sort of fan speedway doesn't need, bit of an embarrassment to himself and Plymouth Speedway, we're not all as thick,honest!

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Mike0310 said:

What a waste of petrol that was, but that’s nothing compared to  the 3 old age pensioners who I was talking to in the car park who had travelled all the way from Paignton to say they were not amused would be an under estimation.

Never known a track have so many rain offs.

7 hours ago, lewy said:

Well he did waste a couple of quidsworth of fuel, nevermind the cost to the promotion which probably ran into god knows how much. He the sort of fan speedway doesn't need, bit of an embarrassment to himself and Plymouth Speedway, we're not all as thick,honest!

I said I hope for an early call on this one as it could cost the promoter a fortune otherwise and now it has very unfortunately and I see no fun in that none at all, I’m  embarrassing to Plymouth speedway just because I’m not wearing the rose tinted glasses you wear I see how hard the promoter works and he deserves applause for that. I’m the sort of fan speedway doesn’t need coming from you, some  of the people you have badger baited on here you make me laugh ( mostly Poole fans) some you have even got down right personal on, isn’t that called bullying.some people I will take criticism you not a chance.

Edited by Mike0310
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Mike0310 said:

So you think it’s funny people wasting there money you Pratt grow up.

Having logged up tens of thousands of miles following Speedway in the 70's, 80's 90's, when there was no internet, no social media (if you were very lucky old Diddy David or Mayo on R2 might mention "speedway off at XXXXX tonight" , I've often travelled VERY long distances, many times got in to Tracks and paid, to find track unraceable and a pink readmission ticket for next 3 meetings.

In recent years many more cases, some tracks have / had excellent weather reporting , some make early calls (indeed PLymouth from my recollection often have) some try their best. 

Ultimately it comes down to personal choice, do I risk or not, eventually you, me , everyone has to take some flipping PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY and not blame somebody, anybody, everybody else, other than oneself. 

PS. I've got no known bloodlines to Colin or Troy

2 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I'm curious for your explanation when he averaged 1.89 (2.11) from his 5 league meetings?

Only because he spent so much time on his backside, I think he was just about to come good. Without crashes his average would’ve been a fair bit higher 

• Confused 1