British Speedway Forum

Poole Pirates Vs Glasgow Tigers Bsn Final 1st Leg 5th July

Tbf yes I know ashton isn't an option he's not 16 yet my pointvwas he's better than Lee & only a kid... I feel sorry for Lee he's a cracking guy but he's absolutely awful & needs to see sense & stick to national league ..tigers have been mauled in bsn but if we change soon we can still maybe try win title with the right changes ..my opinion a top Scandinavian & an aussie as I said breum & zitchke & tigers would be a force again ..without changes we have no chance 

12 minutes ago, Cabbageman said:

Emil breum for marcin all day long he was the pick if tigers were serious he's on a 5 same as marcin & an aussie on a 4 any one is better than Lee who is way way out of his depth in particular say tate zitchke ...you ace is better than Lee he's a 16yr old novice ...indeed the kid ashton boughen who's only 15 is better who tigers have seen at ashfield & watched at Workington & I believe have spoken to him ..hesxat ashfield in british under 21 boys gonna go far his style is immaculate reminds me of Bewley 

Tate's on 5 according to the TM.

Last year Connor, Danyon and Broc all had stints at 2 and all dropped back into reserve when their averages couldn't be maintained in that position.

Broc was a 5. Something at the start of the season. 

His scoring compared to Marcin at this point in the season is Marcin 70 Broc 58 and six of the meetings  Broc had up to this point were at reserve.

Personally speaking #2 is probably the hardest position to reach double figures in scoring. Why?? Because you're riding with your own #1 in every heat except 1, your up against the opposition's heat leaders in every heat except 1.

So when you look at their scoring I judge the number 2 in heat 8 which he should be winning, heat 1 how he goes against his opposite number 2, heat 6 he should be getting a point and heat 10 is a 50/50.

So 5 or 6 points at 2 for me is a fair score. Any more is a bonus.

• Like 2

I know no 2 is the hardest position in speedway I've said this for ages , it's not all about stats I've watched marcin & he's ok at home but very predictable always tries to pass on inside bend 1&2 every meeting never changes & if he does try he can't pass outside & a number of times when beaten he downs tool's not for me that ...a top young dane or swede would be better in my opinion emil breum in particular , as for tate I'm led to believe he's on a 4 from what I've looked at we will see on that sadly I think he will end up at Poole as they aren't daft & have a big hold on top aussies & he knows ppl at Poole & a darcy ward protégé,  anyway there is other aussies out there who are good frankly anybody is better than Lee 

36 minutes ago, Cabbageman said:

Emil breum for marcin all day long he was the pick if tigers were serious he's on a 5 same as marcin & an aussie on a 4 any one is better than Lee who is way way out of his depth in particular say tate zitchke ...you ace is better than Lee he's a 16yr old novice ...indeed the kid ashton boughen who's only 15 is better who tigers have seen at ashfield & watched at Workington & I believe have spoken to him ..hesxat ashfield in british under 21 boys gonna go far his style is immaculate reminds me of Bewley 

You can’t replace Lee with a 4 point rider as his average is only 3.63.

If we replaced two riders we would need to declare to 40 points again , which is way below we’re we are presently.

So it’s one at a time like for like so it would still be a sub 4 rider for Lee

19 minutes ago, Gazc said:

His rolling average is 3.62

pretty sure being a accessed 4 he can’t drop below that in the latest green sheet he is still a 4 Claus has put  .69 on his starting ave marcin has put .94 so both have been scoring over there ave 

3 minutes ago, mac101 said:

pretty sure being a accessed 4 he can’t drop below that in the latest green sheet he is still a 4 Claus has put  .69 on his starting ave marcin has put .94 so both have been scoring over there ave 

The rolling average states up to and including 23rd June effective on the 1st July which is 3.62 .

Thought it was only foreigners that couldn’t drop below there assessed average?.

So going by the Team average and rolling average Lee is 3.62 from the 1st July.

Why issue these averages if they can’t drop below an assessed one it’s madness.

1 minute ago, Cabbageman said:

So that means marcin is now on an average higher than 5 with that logic ??? So we have more room to play with if we replace him hmmm very confusing 

5.94 going by the rolling averages effective from the 1st July.

Im guessing they are including his previous league matches from 2021 to arrive at that figure.

1 minute ago, mac101 said:

I’m going to bed my brain is frazzled that contradicts the rolling average up to 23rd June for Lee.

No wonder we get confused what averages to use.

So going by that Link he is still assessed at a 4 but his rolling average is 3.62 

Lol got to love British Speedway simplicity not being the optimum word.

• Confused 2

12 minutes ago, Gazc said:

I’m going to bed my brain is frazzled that contradicts the rolling average up to 23rd June for Lee.

No wonder we get confused what averages to use.

So going by that Link he is still assessed at a 4 but his rolling average is 3.62 

Lol got to love British Speedway simplicity not being the optimum word.

It's pretty simple Lee will have a 4.00 average until he races 8 matches. The 3.62 average is from the 5 qualifying matches he's raced last year & this.

46 minutes ago, mac101 said:

Complin's average dropped below 4.00 last year.

Then when Newcastle's matches were removed he was back on his starting 4.00 ave.

8 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

It's pretty simple Lee will have a 4.00 average until he races 8 matches. The 3.62 average is from the 5 qualifying matches he's raced last year & this.

Cheers for that very simple when explained looks like I had a Lisa moment.

No need for my fellow Tigeratti to be confused at me being confused now.