British Speedway Forum

Poole Pirates Vs Glasgow Tigers Bsn Final 1st Leg 5th July

1 hour ago, Jaizer said:

Yup. Cause they gated :icon_smile_clown:

Which makes it all the more embarrassing knowing that's what they had to do and yet managed 3 all night. Remind me did the Poole riders pass in any of those heats?

But their fans also didn’t whinge about the track like the Glasgow fans have. The Poole track didn’t suddenly become much worse for that one meeting. Which tells you what? Basically that the Glasgow fans - although not directly blaming the track for the loss - are simply complaining so much because they got hammered.

Even most Poole fans - bar Shovlar and Skidder no doubt - would accept their track isn’t the most exciting, but good grief, not a single set of opposing fans have moaned about it like Glasgow. 

Edited by BackInTheDHSS
Typo
  • Like 1

You got to love Poole threads because their fans talk absolute crap it makes for great reading 

Shovlar …. Says that Glasgow has a team of gaters and couldn’t race ….. thick or trolling??

Poole have a team of gaters hence last night they led after 20yds and Glasgow weren’t good enough on an absolute shocker of a track to try and pass and let’s be fair Glasgow were poor

The track just leads to poor poor racing and yes Poole get decent crowds because they are doing well the fans don’t care about the racing …. It’s well known the Poole fans disappear when their team struggles 

At Ipswich we know we don’t have a great track and doesn’t lead to great racing we just have Emil and Doyle which is great when they miss the gate 

Why Poole fans can’t acknowledge their track is crap is what leads to their threads being the longest on here 

• Like 3

I'm a tigers man we were absolutely atrocious & it's not good enough pathetic performance & not the first time at Poole how we can't stand up to them I just don't know as we are a big club well run but the team selection needs looking at who the he'll picked lee complin he's totally useless period & needs to go nowak is poor & needs to go these 2 are our main problem young ace is a prospect & maybe shouldn't be in team as its good to have 2 strong reserves but that's not his fault tigers management picked him & tbf he's done ok on 2 for a 16yr old novice .. that said the performance of our top riders was abysmal they need to take a long hard look at themselves disgraceful stuff .as for Poole track it is awful gate & go and ruts for a final where is the racing lines the entertainment at Wimborne Rd is poor I've seen a few meetings there on bsn there & not involving tigers so it's not just a gripe but we should be doing more ...as for pirates they can win every yr every trophy but if there's no proper racing & entertainment then yhe sport will die there will be no speedway then Bragg about your trophies ...it won't matter if you get my meaning to save the sport you need proper racing tracks poolevisnt it oh & it's not the only one there's a few 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

Its all been pretty downhill since Dickson left.

I would disagree completely with that.

Fair enough the trophies have not been flying in the door but I have never been more entertained attending Ashfield in the last 5 years than I have in the last 20. Truthfully, at the end of the day I would take that all day everyday and twice on Sundays over winning silverware.

You want to see the team do well and it would of course be nice to win something but the knowledge of turning up to Ashfield and witnessing top class competitive racing outweighs silverware in my honest opinion.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Gavan said:

You got to love Poole threads because their fans talk absolute crap it makes for great reading 

Shovlar …. Says that Glasgow has a team of gaters and couldn’t race ….. thick or trolling??

Poole have a team of gaters hence last night they led after 20yds and Glasgow weren’t good enough on an absolute shocker of a track to try and pass and let’s be fair Glasgow were poor

The track just leads to poor poor racing and yes Poole get decent crowds because they are doing well the fans don’t care about the racing …. It’s well known the Poole fans disappear when their team struggles 

At Ipswich we know we don’t have a great track and doesn’t lead to great racing we just have Emil and Doyle which is great when they miss the gate 

Why Poole fans can’t acknowledge their track is crap is what leads to their threads being the longest on here 

The track isn't crap at all.  I've been going to Poole for over 30 years and have witnessed countless classic meetings.   I will admit that it's currently not as good as it has been, but it's certainly not crap.  Our boys cope with it very well and so do most other visiting teams.  Yes they may lose, but they don't endlessly bang on and on about the track.  Last night the Tigers were just woeful.  Couldn't gate, couldn't race, couldn't do anything.  End of.  Therefore they got a good tonking.

Oh and not all Poole supporters go missing when we have a poor season :nono:  I have supported them through the good and not so good times and I will continue to do so as long as thery exist....which I sincerely hope is for many years to come :t:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, SilentLurker said:

Fair enough the trophies have not been flying in the door but I have never been more entertained attending Ashfield in the last 5 years than I have in the last 20. Truthfully, at the end of the day I would take that all day everyday and twice on Sundays over winning silverware.

You want to see the team do well and it would of course be nice to win something but the knowledge of turning up to Ashfield and witnessing top class competitive racing outweighs silverware in my honest opinion.

I agree with you on that your team and racing is the most important thing and as long as you enjoy and win at home mostly then job done

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Cabbageman said:

I'm a tigers man we were absolutely atrocious & it's not good enough pathetic performance & not the first time at Poole how we can't stand up to them I just don't know as we are a big club well run but the team selection needs looking at who the he'll picked lee complin he's totally useless period & needs to go nowak is poor & needs to go these 2 are our main problem young ace is a prospect & maybe shouldn't be in team as its good to have 2 strong reserves but that's not his fault tigers management picked him & tbf he's done ok on 2 for a 16yr old novice .. that said the performance of our top riders was abysmal they need to take a long hard look at themselves disgraceful stuff .as for Poole track it is awful gate & go and ruts for a final where is the racing lines the entertainment at Wimborne Rd is poor I've seen a few meetings there on bsn there & not involving tigers so it's not just a gripe but we should be doing more ...as for pirates they can win every yr every trophy but if there's no proper racing & entertainment then yhe sport will die there will be no speedway then Bragg about your trophies ...it won't matter if you get my meaning to save the sport you need proper racing tracks poolevisnt it oh & it's not the only one there's a few 

....and yet Poole continue to usually win at home and a fair few away whilst also winning trophies - and the crowds still come in very good numbers (good enough for the club to remain viable) -  even to meetings when season ticket holders have to pay!!

As for the track, on the BSN track walk, James Wright said it was in immaculate condition, despite being under water after the previous nights deluge.

Edited by Skidder1

53 minutes ago, BackInTheDHSS said:

But their fans also didn’t whinge about the track like the Glasgow fans have. The Poole track didn’t suddenly become much worse for that one meeting. Which tells you what? Basically that the Glasgow fans - although not directly blaming the track for the loss - are simply complaining so much because they got hammered.

Even most Poole fans - bar Shovlar and Skidder no doubt - would accept their track isn’t the most exciting, but good grief, not a single set of opposing fans have moaned about it like Glasgow. 

And it happens every single time! Also Rosco said the track was the best it has ever been during the Swindon meeting and he has seen Poole a lot over the years to know! So it is okay sometimes. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

And it happens every single time! Also Rosco said the track was the best it has ever been during the Swindon meeting and he has seen Poole a lot over the years to know! So it is okay sometimes. 

I wouldn’t take to much notice of what Judas has to say .in general the Poole track is so so but it’s up to the riders to masters it (oh sorry spelling mistake)

39 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

....and yet Poole continue to usually win at home and a fair few away whilst also winning trophies - and the crowds still come in very good numbers (good enough for the club to remain viable) -  even to meetings when season ticket holders have to pay!!

As for the track, on the BSN track walk, James Wright said it was in immaculate condition, despite being under water after the previous nights deluge.

There’s no point anybody blaming the track.Poor opposition was the main reason for poor spectacle.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Fromafar said:

No good blaming the track.Tigers we’re crap.These guys have been riding for years and still can’t find a set-up.Standard excuse.

Lee and Marcin may as well have not bothered to travel down to Poole. I still believe that the 9 points they took up on the starting averages this season would have been better spent on someone like that Danish lad Edinburgh found along with a better 5 pointer from abroad (Rew perhaps if his commitments allowed?)

Edited by Nickinho
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SilentLurker said:

I'm old school and would rather see silverware as most Tigers fans would. Ashfield lends itself to exciting racing no matter who is in the team. Are you suggesting that the current 7 riders are more entertaining than any other riders in the league*? There have been lots of exciting Championship teams that have won trophies over the years and lots of less-than-exciting ones which lifted silverware. To say you'd rather have one of the more exciting ones that didn't win any trophies than a less-than-exciting one that does is simply silly. Besides, i didn't see any evidence of an exciting side in Poole the other night... 

*Apart from Basso obviously :) 

Edited by Nickinho
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nickinho said:

Lee and Marcin may as well have not bothered to travel down to Poole. I still believe that the 9 points they took up on the starting averages this season would have been better spent on someone like that Danish lad Edinburgh found along with a better 5 pointer from abroad (Rew perhaps if his commitments allowed?)

Tend to agree Marcin was a gamble and certainly would not have signed Lee.Hindsight's wonderful though.Good entertaining speedway at Ashfield though.Thought they might have been after Masters and built aTeam around him knowing he was available.40 pt limit. Makes team building difficult that’s why you should take a punt on a young up and comer ( if you can suss one).

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Nickinho said:

If you're foreign and have raced in the Polish , Danish or Swedish league you come in on a 5 point average. So two of them would be over the points limit. 

22 minutes ago, Nickinho said:

Borke & Rew were both 5 pointers so wouldn't have fitted!

Personally pre-season I thought they were both good singings, apart from a disaster at Poole, Nowak has done his job imo

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Tend to agree Marcin was a gamble and certainly would not have signed Lee.Hindsight's wonderful though.Good entertaining speedway at Ashfield though.Thought they might have been after Masters and built aTeam around him knowing he was available.40 pt limit. Makes team building difficult that’s why you should take a punt on a young up and comer ( if you can suss one).

Masters wanted a team a lot closer to his Midland base, so why would he sign for Glasgow? Would have stayed at Edinburgh otherwise. 

2 hours ago, BackInTheDHSS said:

I’m more of a neutral these days but I think Poole does provide exciting racing. I accept I’m old school, but I don’t find the fast Polish bowls exciting as it’s all speed. And I know I’ll get slaughtered for saying this, but the NSS - to me - is the same. There may well be passing but everyone is well spaced out. I prefer a track where success requires skill and aggression not just speed. 
If you look back to the Holder and Ward era, the track was probably as bad as it could be and yet the racing was hugely exciting.

Glasgow, of course, is another exciting track these days and it was a huge surprise that they gave in so easily. 6 out of 7 riders should have done better. The only one who could hold his head up was Ace Pjiper. Was he also the only one who hadn’t been there before? If so, perhaps the others were beaten before they started, the manager included?

• Like 1

Bit of a reality check.

Glasgow's previous 4 visits to Wimborne road have resulted in 4 heavy losses.

60-30, 51-39,56-34 and 56-34.

No matter what group of riders go down there we can't keep it close.

Poole have only won by less than 50 points twice this season and guess what.

Once was RR running for Anders against Redcar with Danny King scoring 15

And the second against Scunthorpe with Sedgemen in as guest for an injured Lawson.

The reality is Wimborne road is fortress, there is no passing and it's all about getting out the gate and it's not about who drops the clutch the quickest it's about how the bike is set up to get out the traps. 

Credit where Credits due, every single one of the Poole boys had it dialled in to a T.

Wether you like that or not ,it's irrelevant it's how trophies are won. 

• Like 2