British Speedway Forum

Poole Pirates Vs Glasgow Tigers Bsn Final 1st Leg 5th July

25 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Sunday will be difficult with a few on each team regularly riding in Poland. Although sometimes Tom is a no8, so he might be okay to do England instead? 

Our Redcar rematch was a Tuesday, so it might make sense to do it again. Not sure which nights are better for the gate.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I would say Nowak is more of a threat than Vissing. He was good at Poole in the 2021 playoff final (his first time there) and his performance was definitely better than his points. So can see him improve on his 6 points.

Since there was more shale been better for passing, but Poole will always be a slick track. 

Sunday will be difficult with a few on each team regularly riding in Poland. Although sometimes Tom is a no8, so he might be okay to do England instead? 

Tut Tut Lisa is this what you call southern snobbery?

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Wonder if any Poole fans are going to have an eight day holiday in Scotland ;)

I'll be there for the BSN Final but at this moment no plans for an 8 day holiday..........got to be back for Pirates vs Brummies  :D

3 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Do we have to do a super post now ;)

Wonder if any Poole fans are going to have an eight day holiday in Scotland ;)

You paying ? or will a flexable friend do nicely .

On 7/2/2023 at 3:43 PM, szkocjasid said:

It's not often a Speedway club would choose to race on their off night? Makes me wonder why Glasgow wanted to move to Fridays if they are not easy to organise?

Got to ask special permission off Mr Godfrey to run on Fridays,  he likes to keep them for himself   well he did in 2018 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/2/2023 at 1:43 PM, szkocjasid said:

It's not often a Speedway club would choose to race on their off night? Makes me wonder why Glasgow wanted to move to Fridays if they are not easy to organise?

Given the level of rider often used, ie 2nd and 3rd Div in Poland..

Friday's are the one "weekend" night that doesnt have any clashes given only the top league ride on Friday's in Poland..

Arranging meetings on Sat/Sun would be even more of a logistical nightmare...

• Like 2

Looking forward to this tonight. A new team to see in 2023 and will be a close one. The boys need to be on it from the start with no half asleep until heat 12, and with no silly points dropped.

A nice day in Dorset. Should be a good crowd.

3 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Anything better than last season's play off capitulation will do me! Would be ecstatic to get 40 but would need bomber on fire and double figures from elsewhere. 

It rained a lot yesterday, so I would expect the track to be similar to what it was Vs Swindon.  If we win it won't be more than 10 I don't think.