British Speedway Forum

30.06.2023 - League - Scunny v Oxford

8 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

People who like me, who see nothing wrong with a draw / or wonder why when 2nd & 3rd is the same as 1st & 4th for 15 heats, is suddenly better in the 16th race?

Same theory as not agreeing with a final in an individual after 20 races, or play-offs to decide the league title. Or wild cards getting picked instead of qualifiers.

I guess I prefer a "true / fair" winner without any gimmicks etc

I find it works if you think of it as a draw (after all both teams get a point), and then there is a superheat for a 'bonus point'.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, arnieg said:

I find it works if you think of it as a draw (after all both teams get a point), and then there is a superheat for a 'bonus point'.

Exactly. Neither team misses out.

It's an extra race.  It was the first time I'd seen one in the flesh on Friday and it's very exciting.  I don't think there's any losers in this case. 

• Like 1

On 7/1/2023 at 1:48 PM, IronScorpion said:

Could/would he have flown out late Friday/early Saturday if he had an opportunity to guest?

Similar to Douglas & Kemp as they ride for same team(if Kemp was fit enough).

He could have, but he already had the lot booked and was at the airport for 3am Friday morning haha!

Looking at the new rolling averages using Gilkes (5.11) instead of the r/r option (7.05, 6.05, 5.49, 5.18) would be weaker plus not showing much faith in the home riders!

Of course there's always a risk of injuries, but do you pick a weaker (statistically) option just in case?

Whereas Ben Cook (6.51) could be a strengthening option.

Edited by szkocjasid

42 minutes ago, eric i said:

Is there a chance MPT will be back for the Redcar meetings?, in which case there is only 1 home meeting (Edinburgh) we need to cover him.

Even though Rob said after his injury then op the following Monday, he could be out for around 6 weeks but knowing speedway riders, back in about 3.

I did hear though on Friday that he could be out for 6 weeks, meaning mid August so a 28 day replacement is what I would be looking at as we have not gone for guests & used r/r which was not good enough. Guests that we could of used(average wise) could have been either of the Cook brothers but if traveling was the issue then ok. 6.5 average now, 7.05 at home could mean a cheaper option with TJ at home.

1 minute ago, IronScorpion said:

Even though Rob said after his injury then op the following Monday, he could be out for around 6 weeks but knowing speedway riders, back in about 3.

I did hear though on Friday that he could be out for 6 weeks, meaning mid August so a 28 day replacement is what I would be looking at as we have not gone for guests & used r/r which was not good enough. Guests that we could of used(average wise) could have been either of the Cook brothers but if traveling was the issue then ok. 6.5 average now, 7.05 at home could mean a cheaper option with TJ at home.

Josh Auty on 28 day contract?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IronScorpion said:

I did hear though on Friday that he could be out for 6 weeks, meaning mid August so a 28 day replacement is what I would be looking at as we have not gone for guests & used r/r which was not good enough. Guests that we could have used(average wise) could have been either of the Cook brothers but if traveling was the issue then ok. 6.5 average now, 7.05 at home could mean a cheaper option with TJ at home.

Yeah TJ is a good option at home for that average I’d say. Also just read the piece in the programme again from Rob and he said “we are hopeful of seeing him back in the saddle by the middle of July with a bit of luck.” so maybe not too long to wait 

Edited by Ryan555