British Speedway Forum

Glasgow v Poole. BSN Series Final 1st Leg 30/6/23

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Doesn't really matter who has the second leg for me, it is being streamed and you can celebrate the trophy with the home fans the week after if needed. Not like the playoffs when the playoff final is last fixture of the season.

I'd rather have the first leg anyway . I would prefer us trying to defend a lead as opposed to try to claw back any deficit 

A shame it’s off but the right call looking at the forecast and saving travelling fans a huge amount of wasted time and money.

I don’t care for the first or second leg, as it’s streaming. We need to run our leg next Wednesday. 

13 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Doesn't really matter who has the second leg for me, it is being streamed and you can celebrate the trophy with the home fans the week after if needed. Not like the playoffs when the playoff final is last fixture of the season.

Very good point, no reason to it any club to demand the second leg at home after a rain-off swaps the legs over.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

If anyone wants a laugh go and read the unofficial Poole banter page on FB. They are having a right meltdown that it has been called off! Though there is one Glasgow fan on there telling them what for :D

Where I am it's been belting down since 6am. If they want to attach snorkels and flippers to the riders and have a go by all means lol

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Where I am it's been belting down since 6am. If they want to attach snorkels and flippers to the riders and have a go by all means lol

Jet ski racing!! ;)

They think you guys called it off to get the second leg hahahaha

And apparently we should delay no matter how long it takes to get the second leg lol

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Jet ski racing!! ;)

And apparently we should delay no matter how long it takes to get the second leg lol

Better get them to check their tin foil hats haven't slipped

On 6/29/2023 at 11:52 AM, Mr Blobby said:

The we want the 2nd leg fight started nice and early this season. 

Well the only second leg you will get is the one thats holding you up :rofl:

12 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Jet ski racing!! ;)

I'm certainly hoping that part was tongue in cheek, if it was real suggestion I fear for humanity lol!

• Haha 1