British Speedway Forum

Glasgow v Poole. BSN Series Final 1st Leg 30/6/23

1 hour ago, Bojangles said:

Steady on, I'm not sure my original response to Skidder was exactly about Oxford! Was more about Poole's form heading into this fixture, which was relevant to this thread, no? But blame me if you want.... anyway I'm heading off to buy a Glasgow scarf for the final ;)

And the form is about the Oxford meeting! ;)So maybe a bit indirectly. 

This Pirate will be attending this meeting with only light showers forecast. No Craig Cook to get the meeting called off after 5 heats unlike last year, tut tut! Yes I had made the journey!!! Hopefully all set fine for a massive Final against our Scottish rivals & looking forward to both teams giving it everything.

Looking for a Pirate lead to bring back south for next Wednesday. 

C'mon the Boyzzzzzz! :D

Pirate Pride :t:

Edited by lbw

3 hours ago, Bojangles said:

Steady on, I'm not sure my original response to Skidder was exactly about Oxford! Was more about Poole's form heading into this fixture, which was relevant to this thread, no? But blame me if you want.... anyway I'm heading off to buy a Glasgow scarf for the final ;)

So if Poole do lose on Friday, will that then constitute a 'lull' in their form?:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

So if Poole do lose on Friday, will that then constitute a 'lull' in their form?:rolleyes:

No, they will have arguably lost away from home against the two other best teams in the league. Nothing wrong with that. 

If they also beat you at your place, then I think you can start to worry. 

Edited by Bojangles
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Well Zach is on good form tonight! 15 point max at Monmore!

From the images on Eurosport think bomber was trying to ride long track at monmore!!! Ben cook was unlucky, looked fast but made the mistake in heat 8. 

Tom and Ben were impressive too, all building up well for Friday 

4 hours ago, Bojangles said:

No, they will have arguably lost away from home against the two other best teams in the league. Nothing wrong with that. 

If they also beat you at your place, then I think you can start to worry. 

I agree losing away from home isn't the time to panic.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Well Zach is on good form tonight! 15 point max at Monmore!

Not exactly having sleepless nights about him scoring a maximum against a KL side that would struggle to beat most championship sides and on a trick track 

On 6/26/2023 at 3:31 PM, Jaizer said:

Out of interest many Poole fans expected to make the trip? Double edged sword of streaming I suppose with the forecast and distance might keep a lot at home

If i lived in Poole i wouldn't travel to Glasgow when there's a 95% chance it will be called off due to rain as it often is. It's not even as if they would be able to do any shopping in Glasgow if it is called off as Sauchiehall Street looks like a Fema camp these days.

5 hours ago, Nickinho said:

If i lived in Poole i wouldn't travel to Glasgow when there's a 95% chance it will be called off due to rain as it often is. It's not even as if they would be able to do any shopping in Glasgow if it is called off as Sauchiehall Street looks like a Fema camp these days.

What does Fema mean?

7 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Just seen the latest weather forecast for Friday!! When will Glasgow decide to call it off?

Yesterday was pretty much torrential all day, been on and off today and tomorrow looks dry most of the day. I'd imagine hope the track dries out tomorrow and forecast changes for Friday, but I'd guess first drops of rain on Friday will be called off