British Speedway Forum

Oxford v Poole 21/6/23 Championship.

Looking forward to Wednesday night and the trip up to Oxford. No Pirates home meeting, meaning quite a few fans will make the two hour trip north. 

Poole ride Cowley quite well and this should be a very close meeting, perhaps going down to heat 15. Could it be a sell out? Certainly not a meeting to be missed. Weather is forecast to be mostly dry with the risk of an afternoon shower. 

Can Pirates maintain their unbeaten record? Masters and Nicholls will have other ideas. Bring it on!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Looking forward to Wednesday night and the trip up to Oxford. No Pirates home meeting, meaning quite a few fans will make the two hour trip north. 

Poole ride Cowley quite well and this should be a very close meeting, perhaps going down to heat 15. Could it be a sell out? Certainly not a meeting to be missed. Weather is forecast to be mostly dry with the risk of an afternoon shower. 

Can Pirates maintain their unbeaten record? Masters and Nicholls will have other ideas. Bring it on!

I'll be there supporting the Pirates & cheering them on to more success.

Oxford are currently top of the league on race pts difference from us so extra incentive for we Pirates to go to Cowley & do the bizzo!

After being at Redcar I'm looking forward to attending another sensational meeting as I'm sure both sides will be giving it everything they've got.

One not to be missed!

C'mon the PIRATES  :t:

Poole always run Oxford close at Sandy Lane because of Kyle Newman. He's already a strong reserve, but he rides exceptionally well at Oxford having spent time there last year. He's top scored for Poole on both visits already this season (paid 14 and paid 13). Crazy scores for a reserve.

37 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

Poole always run Oxford close at Sandy Lane because of Kyle Newman. He's already a strong reserve, but he rides exceptionally well at Oxford having spent time there last year. He's top scored for Poole on both visits already this season (paid 14 and paid 13). Crazy scores for a reserve.

Will only be for a couple more weeks. We better make the most of it! 

36 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Will only be for a couple more weeks. We better make the most of it! 

Not sure Kyle's League scores so far will take his average above Anders from July 1st? Anders has been mostly scoring above his average as well (with the exception of Redcar away for both)

• Thanks 1

The heatleaders and second strings in both sides speak for themselves. This will be a battle of the reserves.

34 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

The heatleaders and second strings in both sides speak for themselves. This will be a battle of the reserves.

Then Henry Atkins, paid 19 from two away matches in the last week is well up for it.

2 minutes ago, Technik said:

Sorry I think the humour was lost

I get it but it doesn't work in this case ;)

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

RR for Jenkins. Though hopefully he announces his intention to ride.

See if he rides at Plymouth tomorrow. I guess it depends whether he pulled as a precaution so he is okay for Oxford meetings.