British Speedway Forum

Kings Lynn v Leicester Monday 19th June Live on Eurosport

56 minutes ago, justathought said:

Should be alright tonight, surely.

Sunny spells through the day, with the odd isolated shower developing from late morning, most likely in the west with elsewhere staying dry. Any showers easing off through the afternoon. Very warm. Maximum temperature 26 °C.

I hope Buster doesn't read your forecast... he'll postpone it :D

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

So I'm getting a bit of stick for this :D

The point I'm making and obviously not getting across very well is that we have the basic Sky package with no Sky Sports, movies etc. just entertainment, even if I had no interest in any sport at all we would still get Eurosport as I understand it so tonight's speedway is automatically there on my telly because I choose to watch all the other Sky channels that come with the entertainment package. 

As it is I won't be finishing work until 7pm so it'll be the TV for me rather than rushing about like a blue arsed fly and probably missing heat 1 to be there.

It is a telly match so heat 1 won't be until about 8, maybe a sun delay too... plenty of time for you, really no excuse :D

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Another way to look at it is Sedgmen has barely lost a heat 8 all season away from home & Edwards not so comfortable at home, so looking to minimise the damage from that heat. 

Have to differ to your opinion on that tactic, by using their best rider to cover an easy heat, Lynn will be using their weaker r/r options against stronger Leicester riders, so expecting less points from r/r? 

Just now, szkocjasid said:

Have to differ to your opinion on that tactic, by using their best rider to cover an easy heat, Lynn will be using their weaker r/r options against stronger Leicester riders, so expecting less points from r/r? 

I can see both sides of the argument to be fair. Agreed with you until I read Daniel's post, now I'm torn. Perhaps getting R/R out of the way by heat 10 is seen as a good thing? 

37 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Not sure how that would make a difference tbh?

The difference being is that, Klindt & Jorgensen have been very unreliable & therefore could be beaten in heat 8 whereas the outcome is unlikely with Laguta in heat 8.

At the end of the day, this is going to be a big struggle for King's Lynn regardless of where the R/R is. Heats 2,3,4 & 5 already look like 5-1s in Leicester's favour. Klindt has to maintain his form from the last 2 meetings to stand any chance in this meeting, it could be embarrassing TV. 

8 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

The difference being is that, Klindt & Jorgensen have been very unreliable & therefore could be beaten in heat 8 whereas the outcome is unlikely with Laguta in heat 8.

At the end of the day, this is going to be a big struggle for King's Lynn regardless of where the R/R is. Heats 2,3,4 & 5 already look like 5-1s in Leicester's favour. Klindt has to maintain his form from the last 2 meetings to stand any chance in this meeting, it could be embarrassing TV. 

That's the spirit :D

Harris and Lawson concern me, that's a great pairing at Lynn. I think the comment from szkocjasid referred to me saying that it might be seen as good to get R/R rides out of the way early, I can't think of a reason why but nine times out of ten teams run it at 2 so there must be a logic.

Edited by Bagpuss

46 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

That's the spirit :D

Harris and Lawson concern me, that's a great pairing at Lynn. I think the comment from szkocjasid referred to me saying that it might be seen as good to get R/R rides out of the way early, I can't think of a reason why but nine times out of ten teams run it at 2 so there must be a logic.

The majority of the times teams run with r/r it's for a second string with the rides mainly being taken up by reserves, putting r/r at 2 in that situation makes sense as your reserve is out with the number one. Not so in this case.

Yes my comment was asking why finishing up the r/r rides early would be an advantage?

Edited by szkocjasid

56 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

One thing I will say is, if Lynn are using the former world champ to beat Sedgmen & the rising star because they don't trust any others to do that - they must be expecting to get thrashed & putting r/r at 2 is their plan to ensure they score 30+ points?

Surprised Morris is at 5 tonight, I would've swapped Nicki and Lawson around considering Harris also goes well around KL.

Leicester to win now that they've finally hit their stride and they're dark horses for the title imo.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TTT said:

Surprised Morris is at 5 tonight, I would've swapped Nicki and Lawson around considering Harris also goes well around KL.

Leicester to win now that they've finally hit their stride and they're dark horses for the title imo.

It's a partnership they're looking to exploit, capable of 5-1s & King's Lynn's weaknesses may not be able to cover off that damage. +8 from that partnership would see a win & then use the others to cover 3-3s vs Laguta. 

Tactically, it looks like Leicester have set up perfectly 

50 minutes ago, TTT said:

I think most team managers stick to the same riding order no matter what, I see no reason why Morris can't be 5 at home but not away?

3 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I think most team managers stick to the same riding order no matter what, I see no reason why Morris can't be 5 at home but not away?

Will it be the same Nick Morris who guested for us 3 weeks ago vs Sheffield? 

6 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Have you been sniffing glue?... if so then I want some! Haha

OK, Can we all just like this post and then we can all move on with the meeting tonight...

Yes if you've got Sky Q you've also got the Discovery+ app with Sports

Yes Eurosport is a joke

Yes the camera angles are crap

Yes Tatum is Good/Crap (delete as appropriate)

Yes they missed that pass

Yes King's Lynn is not as good a race track as it used to be, because of the surface

Yes why aren't they televising the Belle Vue match (every week!)

Yes Buster is Satan/God, again delete as appropriate

etc. etc.

:D

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, iainb said:

OK, Can we all just like this post and then we can all move on with the meeting tonight...

Yes if you've got Sky Q you've also got the Discovery+ app with Sports

Yes Eurosport is a joke

Yes the camera angles are crap

Yes Tatum is Good/Crap (delete as appropriate)

Yes they missed that pass

Yes King's Lynn is not as good a race track as it used to be, because of the surface

Yes why aren't they televising the Belle Vue match (every week!)

Yes Buster is Satan/God, again delete as appropriate

etc. etc.

:D

You forgot...

Why is Bomber only riding for the team he is contracted to?

Have they changed the rules?? :D

• Haha 1