British Speedway Forum

Kings Lynn v Leicester Monday 19th June Live on Eurosport

Certainly has the makings of being a good meeting.

Bald Bloke is right, Richard Lawson could cause us some problems, and the Fricke v Laguta clashes should be worth the admission money alone.  
You can't beat live speedway, with its atmosphere, which you don't get on TV.  So I hope the 'Stars' fans still come along and support their club. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mimmo said:

Certainly has the makings of being a good meeting.

Bald Bloke is right, Richard Lawson could cause us some problems, and the Fricke v Laguta clashes should be worth the admission money alone.  
You can't beat live speedway, with its atmosphere, which you don't get on TV.  So I hope the 'Stars' fans still come along and support their club. 

I agree. Not also just about live speedway, I know lynn fans are down in the dumps, and rightly so but go just to see laguta because watching world class speedway riders in UK is at a premium, and the difference between them and good riders is actually massive. M

fricke also riding like a world class rider right now so my advice to you lynn fans, put your anger to one side and go enjoy them while we have them and support your club because your club needs you 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

I agree. Not also just about live speedway, I know lynn fans are down in the dumps, and rightly so but go just to see laguta because watching world class speedway riders in UK is at a premium, and the difference between them and good riders is actually massive. M

fricke also riding like a world class rider right now so my advice to you lynn fans, put your anger to one side and go enjoy them while we have them and support your club because your club needs you 

Spot on Phil. Stopping at home watching it on TV (especially KL fans) will not be helping their/our club financially. If we want to carry on seeing riders like Artem Laguta every week, then the club needs their admission money to help make that happen.  We've got an undefeated World Champion in our team, so lets savour every meeting we've got him.

I noticed the crowd was well down on last weeks televised meeting at Ipswich, and that's not going to help them keep Emil Sayfutdinov, who they quite rightly adore, which would be a shame.
East Anglia currently have what I consider the two best riders currently racing in British Speedway, and the only way we're going to keep them here, is by going along and supporting their respective clubs, even when TV cameras are there.   

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Mimmo said:

Spot on Phil. Stopping at home watching it on TV (especially KL fans) will not be helping their/our club financially. If we want to carry on seeing riders like Artem Laguta every week, then the club needs their admission money to help make that happen.  We've got an undefeated World Champion in our team, so lets savour every meeting we've got him.

I noticed the crowd was well down on last weeks televised meeting at Ipswich, and that's not going to help them keep Emil Sayfutdinov, who they quite rightly adore, which would be a shame.
East Anglia currently have what I consider the two best riders currently racing in British Speedway, and the only way we're going to keep them here, is by going along and supporting their respective clubs, even when TV cameras are there.   

Do you know what extra initiatives Lynn have put in place to attract a crowd along to this televised meeting? Do you know what they have planned to fill the huge gaps in racing? Are they showing the broadcast on their big screen so the attending fans can watch along with the analysis, interviews and reports from other meetings?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, iainb said:

Do you know what extra initiatives Lynn have put in place to attract a crowd along to this televised meeting? Do you know what they have planned to fill the huge gaps in racing? Are they showing the broadcast on their big screen so the attending fans can watch along with the analysis, interviews and reports from other meetings?

This is the bottom line right here. You need to incentivise folk to not take the easier and cheaper option of watching it in their own front room. All very well people saying that we all SHOULD pay to enter the stadium on top of fuel, possibly food and drink and finishing work early for some of us rather than watching it at home for free but the club needs to make an effort to encourage people to do that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bagpuss said:

This is the bottom line right here. You need to incentivise folk to not take the easier and cheaper option of watching it in their own front room. All very well people saying that we all SHOULD pay to enter the stadium on top of fuel, possibly food and drink and finishing work early for some of us rather than watching it at home for free but the club needs to make an effort to encourage people to do that. 

A promoter to actually promote.  Madness

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I do understand that, I honestly do. But people come along when it's not on TV despite the things you mention, which I appreciate is a lot of money.  Nobody surely are watching it for free on TV, as you're having to pay for a package that includes Eurosport, or purchase Discovery+

I'm not trying to pick holes in your thoughts, because we are all entitled to our own opinions, and I respect yours, but as a matter of interest, what do you personally think would entice people to attend, that now don't intend doing so. Just asking that's all. 

• Like 1

You could have a meet and greet with Artem laguta and he can have selfies with the fans and sign autographs.  
anyone who gets a selfie gets asked to put it on social media and all those that participate get put in a draw for a pair of free tickets.  
you could do a pit walk also.  All this costs nothing but gives the full price paying punter something extra which the tv fan doesn’t get. Also the tv coverage of the signing session and pit walk may tempt some to return next meeting. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Lapsed Hawk said:

The Lions website has Stars with RR for 

MPT at 2 and Riss guesting. 

That is correct. Lynn has their the same. Riding order has been shuffled. I can imagine they're anticipating having to make a change for MPT as he's likely to be out for around 6 weeks.

Could be seeing 2 new faces as it seems like Pickering is back off to Sheffield. 

I have this as our new rider order with some bargain replacements coming in: 

1. AL

2. MPT replacement 

3. TJ

4. FJ replacement

5. NK

6. KT

7. JE

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mimmo said:

I do understand that, I honestly do. But people come along when it's not on TV despite the things you mention, which I appreciate is a lot of money.  Nobody surely are watching it for free on TV, as you're having to pay for a package that includes Eurosport, or purchase Discovery+

I'm not trying to pick holes in your thoughts, because we are all entitled to our own opinions, and I respect yours, but as a matter of interest, what do you personally think would entice people to attend, that now don't intend doing so. Just asking that's all. 

I'd say it essentially is 'free' because I already pay for a telly package which includes Eurosport. Its a monthly cost within the household budget. 

A slightly reduced admission cost, perhaps a free programme, maybe a free seat in the grandstand, some kind if entertainment for the ad breaks either on the big screen or the centre grey, perhaps some junior races. Just something different, something extra. 

As for the meeting, Leicester look too strong down the order to me. Looks like 40-50 ish to me.

• Like 4