British Speedway Forum

Glasgow v Edinburgh CL 16/9/23 @19-30

52 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

Still a defeat. Think it was your boys below par apart from Basso n Bomber. Gazc, do you think different track conditions caught rest of Tigers team out?

Track conditions tend to affect home teams more initially and the pre-meeting rain certainly had some effect on certain riders.

Harris and Basso just adapted better , young Borke looks a real talent was very impressed with him, was throwing the bike out wider than Bomber but generated a lot of speed.

15 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Track conditions tend to affect home teams more initially and the pre-meeting rain certainly had some effect on certain riders.

Harris and Basso just adapted better , young Borke looks a real talent was very impressed with him, was throwing the bike out wider than Bomber but generated a lot of speed.

Thirty to forty minutes of grading between heats 4 and 10 would suggest we were trying to recover the track to suit us. Complin and Pijper really struggled but Nowak really seems uninterested in conditions that dont immediately suit him. Ht13 is one of the best races I've seen.

1 minute ago, MD said:

Thirty to forty minutes of grading between heats 4 and 10 would suggest we were trying to recover the track to suit us. Complin and Pijper really struggled but Nowak really seems uninterested in conditions that dont immediately suit him. Ht13 is one of the best races I've seen.

I can’t say I noticed track grading being any longer than normal? They did need to water the track alongside the grading, but I don’t think they were doing anything they don’t normally do. The interval was longer because they had the draw for the U21 final, but that was already planned.

2 hours ago, Endeavour said:

6 points for Craig’s rides. says it all.

2 hours ago, SilentLurker said:

If Mr Cook had turned up tonight Edinburgh could have been looking at an away win. Potentially time for the tigers to start pondering a change.

r/r for Cook only lost to Harris & Basso, can't guarantee Cook would have done any better. Plus Cook in heat 13, would've meant Lasse taking one less ride for a Wood (likely) last place.

In these circumstances can't say Edinburgh missed Cook

Came through to watch this thinking it was going to be a repeat of last Friday night, how wrong, when we arrived greeted with thunder and lightning,as said already don't think I've seen a better heat than 13 , Basso and Bomber magnificent all meeting, Edinburghs new signing going to be a good one on that showing Kyle started well but faded some other good racing as well.

• Like 3

Survived the monsoon weather and was surprised how well the track stood up to the rain . Thinking this was going to be a one sided encounter , credit to the Monarchs in proving me wrong . 

Ultimately it was the brilliance of Basso and Harris that proved desisive , heat 13 in particular was incredible . 

Pride restored in the Monarchs camp after last Friday , the new Dane seemed to like the Ashfield circuit better than his own .

• Like 4

People have short memories sometimes. Cami said heat 13 is the best race he’s ever seen round Ashfield. Others have said similar things, It might not even be the best race this month. Heat 8 against Birmingham was incredible too. I guess last night was a local derby, with a lot of away fans present, and the tight nature of the match, and that meant there was a lot more riding on it, but as a pure race, Nowak’s win against Birmingham was more incredible.

That’s what I love about Ashfield. You can have a few heats where not much happens, but you always feel like there can be an explosive race (or more), every meeting.

3 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

People have short memories sometimes. Cami said heat 13 is the best race he’s ever seen round Ashfield. Others have said similar things, It might not even be the best race this month. Heat 8 against Birmingham was incredible too. I guess last night was a local derby, with a lot of away fans present, and the tight nature of the match, and that meant there was a lot more riding on it, but as a pure race, Nowak’s win against Birmingham was more incredible.

That’s what I love about Ashfield. You can have a few heats where not much happens, but you always feel like there can be an explosive race (or more), every meeting.

I'd throw heat 13 Vs Berwick as all 4 were involved and at various times it was 5-1 to either side

25 minutes ago, Hackett said:

Seen the ht 13 on Glasgow Tigers twitter feed looks a great race. Would be good for British Speedway to get proper video of that race.

There's been a 3 camera set up at previous meetings not sure if for dvd/ end of season or whatever. Hoping that's in the editing and can see it later in the week.

Really was a brilliant race, bombers made a habit of heat 13 coming from nowhere. Suppose as he's off gate 1 mostly and it's not the best at ashfield. Could've thrown a handkerchief over them at the end let alone a blanket. Superb riding from all 3

• Like 2

I was like other Mons fans coming thro expecting another hiding. I was actually smiling when met with thunder & rain

BUT…… what a speedway match. Best RACING I have seen in ages!!!
it was scary, it was magnificent. Young Mr Basso and reliable Bomber were in superb form riding RIGHT on the edge. 

Million thanks to our old Champ winner Sedgy, excellent performance lad and I’m eager to watch Bastian progress, looks a great signing.

Paco, Kye & Lasse all put in good improved shifts too

Ht 13 should’ve been on TV - speedway from the top of the wardrobe, much too good for the top drawer.

Disappointed not to take a point but I would’ve happily taken that score pre match 

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Hackett said:

Seen the ht 13 on Glasgow Tigers twitter feed looks a great race. Would be good for British Speedway to get proper video of that race.

Link to the fan video on the Tigers Twitter - obviously not the best quality but does give a flavour of the atmosphere during the best race of a very good meeting.

@glasgowtigers

Best race ever at Ashfield? We love this video of Heat 13 from Walter Shirra. It captures the trackside true speed, noise and atmosphere of the Tigers. #WeAreGlasgow

https://twitter.com/glasgowtigers/status/1670035775411441666?s=20

15 minutes ago, Gr8scot said:

You can’t have the one good thing that’s happened to us this year

Seemed to enjoy our place more than yours. Was wider than basso on occasions n that's going some. Looks a good prospect and if he's ever looking for change of scenery be glad to have him :D

Done much better than expected think the conditions early on didn’t help some of the home men with it being wet and heavy. 

Much better from paco who normally struggles away from home. Sedgmen couldn’t do much more as a guest thought he was superb, thought he was going to do basso in 13 with a cut back off the last bend not end up on the receiving end of a 5-1. The young Dane was good value as well and lasse scoring good from reserve.

Gave me a bit of optimism that performance that the season might not be over quite yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Blobby said:

Done much better than expected think the conditions early on didn’t help some of the home men with it being wet and heavy. 

Much better from paco who normally struggles away from home. Sedgmen couldn’t do much more as a guest thought he was superb, thought he was going to do basso in 13 with a cut back off the last bend not end up on the receiving end of a 5-1. The young Dane was good value as well and lasse scoring good from reserve.

Gave me a bit of optimism that performance that the season might not be over quite yet.

Borke looked a very very good find. Bit worrying how he took to Armadale first visit, but I'm sure you'll agree it isn't the easiest track to master. 

Castagna is a conundrum, obviously he's a decent rider but so inconsistent. Should be a solid 7.50 man. 

I'm sure there's a master plan somewhere but surely Wood isn't in it!