British Speedway Forum

Redcar Bears Vs Poole Pirates Championship 16th June

Gutted we lost the meeting, but thoroughly enjoyable night of speedway that had a bit of everything. 

Mulford was superb, and it's great to see him come on week by week. Hume and Bailey again rode well and maybe deserved more. Wright was superb but shows we need all our heat leaders to be firing really. Heat 15 I thought we maybe got lucky.. 

Ben Cook is just so good to watch round Redcar, alongside Worrall and Lawson who rode well. 

Congratulations to Poole, and I think a great advert for what this sport can be. 

• Like 5

Back in me hotel after being at an absolutely enthralling meeting, well done to both teams!

Dunno wot Worrall was thinking in heat 15 when all he had to do was sit in 3rd on the last bend but hey ho we Pirates did the job in the super heat. 

That's the Law-son :t:

C'mon the Boyzzzzz

NID :t:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Thought it was a mistake to take Edwards out of Ht 14. Deserved win for Poole though they just hung in there and are always going to be a handful in 13 & 15 for any Team.Great ride from Lawson in Superheat.

Disagree. Edwards has been a big disappointment this season whilst Mulford was going well. 

Just caught it on BSN and what a great meeting. Can’t understand why Worrall only had 4 rides and Roynon 4. Kyle under used. Havvy what’s going on? 

The tension was palpable and heat 15 blew a fuse. Looked like Wright gave Worrall no room on the last bend and was looking for it. Ref fell for it and justice done in a very exciting super heat. 

Great advert for the sport. No real losers tonight.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Just caught it on BSN and what a great meeting. Can’t understand why Worrall only had 4 rides and Roynon 4. Kyle under used. Havvy what’s going on? 

The tension was palpable and heat 15 blew a fuse. Looked like Wright gave Worrall no room on the last bend and was looking for it. Ref fell for it and justice done in a very exciting super heat. 

Worrall touched the tapes in one ride, so only got 4 rides. Newman only scored 3 points from 5 rides, was he really under used?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Thought it was a mistake to take Edwards out of Ht 14. Deserved win for Poole though they just hung in there and are always going to be a handful in 13 & 15 for any Team.Great ride from Lawson in Superheat.

10 minutes ago, Bellers101 said:

Disagree. Edwards has been a big disappointment this season whilst Mulford was going well. 

I'm confused according to the updates Edwards was in heat 14?

Although based on his score perhaps Mulford should have taken one of Edwards earlier rides?

31 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I'm confused according to the updates Edwards was in heat 14?

Although based on his score perhaps Mulford should have taken one of Edwards earlier rides?

Replaced by Mulford

3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

True, especially as Redcar still get a point for their part played in this epic.

Someone posted before the meeting that they couldn't get up for a meeting where both teams seem destined for the play offs.

Maybe that person will now review that opinion if they have witnessed the drama played out before us.

Just to add, if I dare, Erik Riss certainly didn't look right but only he will know.

6 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Worrall touched the tapes in one ride, so only got 4 rides. Newman only scored 3 points from 5 rides, was he really under used?

Thanks I missed that as watching the meeting relay on a bit fast forward as it was late.  

3 hours ago, lbw said:

True, especially as Redcar still get a point for their part played in this epic.

Someone posted before the meeting that they couldn't get up for a meeting where both teams seem destined for the play offs.

Maybe that person will now review that opinion if they have witnessed the drama played out before us.

Just to add, if I dare, Erik Riss certainly didn't look right but only he will know.

Hmm, wonder why that is? :blink: Ironically if Redcar had a guest they probably would have won.

Oh well. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1