British Speedway Forum

Redcar Bears Vs Poole Pirates Championship 16th June

12 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Do you really think Erik would ride if he didn’t think he was right.I don’t.

It still says he has blurry vision in the German section  of the article on his website. Whoever decided to change the English should have done the German bit too! Cos I will translate it and have screen shotted it this time too! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

It still says he has blurry vision in the German section  of the article on his website. Whoever decided to change the English should have done the German bit too! Cos I will translate it and have screen shotted it this time too! 

So if it’s in print , it must be true ???

like some of the rubbish we see on this forum. ?

what was actually said, then interpreted, then printed, is quite often a long way off what was meant.

If he wasn’t right, he would not be riding, that’s why he took so long off. He certainly didn’t look dangerous whilst scoring paid 13 last week.

9 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

And do what with it?

• Like 2

15 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Saw this on the Ipswich thread. If Erik still has blurred vision should he really be riding? You wouldn't be allowed to drive on the road like that. 

Should Lawson be riding then if he's still not 100% fit? Surely any injury could be classed as a rider not in full control of his bike.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Do you really think Erik would ride if he didn’t think he was right.I don’t.

You would be surprised wot riders ride with when they shouldn't.

I was shocked how Craig Cook has ridden when reporting mental health issues. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

So if it’s in print , it must be true ???

like some of the rubbish we see on this forum. ?

what was actually said, then interpreted, then printed, is quite often a long way off what was meant.

If he wasn’t right, he would not be riding, that’s why he took so long off. He certainly didn’t look dangerous whilst scoring paid 13 last week.

It is on his website!!! Written in a way that looks like it is written by him. If it isn't, he must have at least given permission imo. 

1 hour ago, MartinBSN said:

Should Lawson be riding then if he's still not 100% fit? Surely any injury could be classed as a rider not in full control of his bike.

Bit different to 'blurry vision' though. Well as long as he can live with any consequences. I don't see why he can't do an eye test or exam by track doctor. 

1 hour ago, mike baker said:

Wasn't it stated. That both Erik's Doctor and Neurology. Gave him clearance to resume.

Yet he (or someone who manages his website) has put an article on there from 14th June saying his vision is still blurry. Wonder why it got edited out in English if it is not a problem? 

4 minutes ago, Bellers101 said:

He's already been passed as fit by a neurosurgeon. Has Lawson been checked?

Lawson's injury was more about severe bruising around the lungs (from which he was cleared by the hospital) and extreme 'grazing' up his arms and leg from the track shale! He wasn't signed off with concussion or anything!!

Edited by Skidder1