British Speedway Forum

09/06/23 Edinburgh v Glasgow (CH)

33 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I doubt get the anti Paco comments as he is averaging more than last year?

2022 all official fixtures ( exc guest and bonus points) 5.58

2023 so far (same basis) 5.29

So I query your statement, although I note that 5.29 does exceed his starting GSA.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

I never quite get the grief he gets. Last year was his first year away from Birmingham and in the main body of the side. This being his 2nd season you’d expect him to improve which he has with his average going up. 

Think it’s more frustration with him than anything as he’ll go out and beat the opposition number 1 one race and get beat by their reserve in their next. Lack of consistency his main issue. 

He is quite an experienced rider though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Slight change in the Glasgow order this week from calamity cammy with Brennan going to 3 and basso to 5. 

Tom did get beaten in heats 13 and 15 in April, but I’m not sure this changes much to be honest. He’s been on great form at home this season, definitely seeing the improvement he needed to show.

10 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Slight change in the Glasgow order this week from calamity cammy with Brennan going to 3 and basso to 5. 

7 hours ago, Noelinho said:

Tom did get beaten in heats 13 and 15 in April, but I’m not sure this changes much to be honest. He’s been on great form at home this season, definitely seeing the improvement he needed to show.

About time I'd say! Will definitely benefit them in away meetings imo.

7 hours ago, Noelinho said:

Toms had a few poor armadale meetings now think help him without weakening any pairings. Plus Tom is clever enough to dovetail whatever lines Claus is riding

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Toms had a few poor armadale meetings now think help him without weakening any pairings. Plus Tom is clever enough to dovetail whatever lines Claus is riding

I feel like they’ll probably end up swapping scores, but I guess we’ll see on Friday. I’m trying to work out if I really want to go across to Armadale to potentially see one pass all evening.

11 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

I feel like they’ll probably end up swapping scores, but I guess we’ll see on Friday. I’m trying to work out if I really want to go across to Armadale to potentially see one pass all evening.

I've not been for few years tbh..became a bit toxic after the Friday night wars and like you say it's not the most entertaining of tracks nowadays

2 hours ago, Jaizer said:

I've not been for few years tbh..became a bit toxic after the Friday night wars and like you say it's not the most entertaining of tracks nowadays

I'm intending to go through for the first time in probably the best part of about ten years. 

When I was young free and single I would often do the trio: Edinburgh Friday, Berwick Saturday and Glasgow Sunday and I would recognise a few other individuals who did the same. 

I stopped going to Armadale for one of the reasons you pointed out, it was a really toxic aggressive argumentative vibe. For clarification that might just have coincided with where I was standing, I'm 100% not saying everyone was like that, obviously not. 

Consequently I've not kept abreast of the current entertainment value. 

When I went it was the Peter Carr era alongside a young Jimmy Grieves and the track produced good racing. I remember Armadale as super grippy. 

It's sad to hear it's not as good as it was, if indeed that's the case. 

Spoiled at Ashfield now I guess.......

Edited by Joseq7

13 minutes ago, Joseq7 said:

I'm intending to go through for the first time in probably the best part of about ten years. 

When I was young free and single I would often do the trio: Edinburgh Friday, Berwick Saturday and Glasgow Sunday and I would recognise a few other individuals who did the same. 

I stopped going to Armadale for one of the reasons you pointed out, it was a really toxic aggressive argumentative vibe. For clarification that might just have coincided with where I was standing, I'm 100% not saying everyone was like that, obviously not. 

Consequently I've not kept abreast of the current entertainment value. 

When I went it was the Peter Carr era alongside a young Jimmy Grieves and the track produced good racing. I remember Armadale as super grippy. 

It's sad to hear it's not as good as it was, if indeed that's the case. 

Spoiled at Ashfield now I guess.......

Yeah much like yourself used to do the 3 most weeks in the good weather. Stood on what was home now back straight and was always bit of banter supporting anyone but Edinburgh but became a bit nasty and I was bringing kids by that time so have it a miss.

As you say wasn't everyone and I'm sure Edinburgh fans will say same thing happened at ashfield around the same time.

Yesh peak times for armadale were carr, stoney, Sean Wilson, Andre Compton and latterly with Shane. Whether it's the current bikes or riders preference from what I've heard and seen on some streams looks to have become very slick. Since doc Bridget retired possibly?

1 hour ago, snapper said:

Nice to see you support for your riders any idea which Heat Dayle will be removed from 

Lol support your riders, he's a million mile from cl racing he barely scores in national league and northern junior league 

• Like 1