British Speedway Forum

Monarchs Academy vs Oxford Chargers - Fri 2nd June

Monarchs at full strength, while Kelsey Dugard makes his debut for the Chargers and Mark Parker is in for Luke Killeen. Can anybody help me out with Parker, I've honestly never heard of him?

Monarchs Academy: 1. Kyle Bickley, 2. Mickie Simpson, 3. Adam Roynon, 4. Alex Spooner, 5. Jacob Hook, 6. Dayle Wood, 7. Kyran Lyden.

Oxford Chargers: 1. Jordan Jenkins, 2. Jacob Clouting, 3. Henry Atkins, 4. Jody Scott, 5. Ryan Kinsley, 6. Mark Parker (guest), 7. Kelsey Dugard.

12 hours ago, Bojangles said:

Monarchs at full strength, while Kelsey Dugard makes his debut for the Chargers and Mark Parker is in for Luke Killeen. Can anybody help me out with Parker, I've honestly never heard of him?

Monarchs Academy: 1. Kyle Bickley, 2. Mickie Simpson, 3. Adam Roynon, 4. Alex Spooner, 5. Jacob Hook, 6. Dayle Wood, 7. Kyran Lyden.

Oxford Chargers: 1. Jordan Jenkins, 2. Jacob Clouting, 3. Henry Atkins, 4. Jody Scott, 5. Ryan Kinsley, 6. Mark Parker (guest), 7. Kelsey Dugard.

Information on Mark Parker

Cumbrian motocross rider to make speedway debut - cumbriacrack.com

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mr Blobby said:

Retired now, he announced this morning.

That is a real shame, and I would think he will return at some point.

He looked so promising as a youngster, and that ability is still within him.  He needs to get his head in the right (positive) place, and carry on practising wherever he can, and return to the sport next season, better for it.  Only he can do that, nobody else.

So good luck Kyle as you try to reinvent yourself. You've got talent, so please don't throw it away, and return in 2024 with a different mindset, you can do it.      

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

Bad timing by Edinburgh - last night’s score was Kyle’s revenge. 

If true that would be a very childish attitude by any speedway rider. A rider getting dropped after not scoring well is hardly headline news or disgraceful behaviour by a promotion!

11 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

If true that would be a very childish attitude by any speedway rider. A rider getting dropped after not scoring well is hardly headline news or disgraceful behaviour by a promotion!

More fool you for believing such an idiotic comment. Anyone who knows Kyle knows he would not do such a thing.

• Like 1

Bickley said in his Instagram post that he planned on retiring before last night’s match, but didn’t want to leave Edinburgh without a rider. Doesn’t sound like somebody out for revenge - he could have just not bothered turning up if that’s the case. More likely he had already retired in his mind and was just going through the motions, trying to get the meeting done without any issues. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Childish comment.

Don’t know how you work that out. What I said was factual. He scored 14 and 13 from his first two home NDL meetings and 4 last night. Do you think maybe his heart wasn’t in it? 11 from Kyle last night would probably have won the meeting for Edinburgh. IMO

5 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

Don’t know how you work that out. What I said was factual. He scored 14 and 13 from his first two home NDL meetings and 4 last night. Do you think maybe his heart wasn’t in it? 11 from Kyle last night would probably have won the meeting for Edinburgh. IMO

He told the club during the day he was retiring. Not going to exactly go out and put himself in risky places knowing he’s done after this or exactly put in full effort is he.

Some riders wouldn’t of bothered Turning up and I respect him even more for actually doing so.

Edited by Mr Blobby
  • Like 5

31 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

He told the club during the day he was retiring. Not going to exactly go out and put himself in risky places knowing he’s done after this or exactly put in full effort is he.

Some riders wouldn’t of bothered Turning up and I respect him even more for actually doing so.

Fair enough. I’m sure Edinburgh tried to get him to change his mind. 

56 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

11 from Kyle, and Chargers would 'only' have won 52-37

• Like 1