British Speedway Forum

SUNSHINE SPEEDWAY! Berwick v Oxford, Saturday 3rd June

Weather set fair for speedway this week, with a pepped-up Chargers squad incoming to test the Bullets, themselves with Ben Rathbone back in place of unlucky Archie.

Danny Phillips being deservedly elevated to No 1 for the Bullets means a re-jigged home line-up, with Mason Watson and Josh Embleton declared fit again after missing the visit to Northside..

As ever, early-bird tickets are already on sale from:   https://www.berwickspeedway.com/tickets/           As the club's advert tells us, you pay for the whole seat, but only need the edge!

The usual bonuses of accompanied kids coming in free, a massive free car park, drinks at only £2 and a happy family Saturday show await.

GHT BULLETS:  1 Danny Phillips, 2 Ben Rathbone, 3 Connor Coles, 4 Jamie Halder, 5 Greg Blair (captain) 6 Josh Embleton, 7 Mason Watson.

CHARGERS: 1 Jordan Jenkins (captain) 2 Jacob Clouting, 3 Henry Atkins, 4 Jody Scott, 5 Ryan Kinsley, 6 Sam Woods, 7 Kelsey Dugard.

We are delighted to announce a huge TV premiere tomorrow night. The GHT Bullets, powered by STS National Development League fixture against Oxford Chargers will be broadcast live via our new pay-per-view channel BanditsTV!

If you can’t join us trackside as Greg and the boys lock horns with Jordan Jenkins and the sophomores from the city of dreaming spires then follow the link below for full details on how to watch the action from your favourite device.

https://tv.berwickspeedway.com/

This will be the first of many opportunities to watch live coverage from Shielfield Park in 2023 and we would like to thank our friends at the British Speedway Network who have been a huge help in putting all of this together 

Stay tuned to our official YouTube channel which will be undergoing a full overhaul in the coming weeks to include highlights, interviews and archive footage.

See you trackside tomorrow night or watch us live on your device!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, StevePark said:

"A huge TV Premiere" :rofl: . I know your trying to sell it... but come on.... at least be somewhere near to being realistic.

Did Leicester Lions not make a similar claim of some "massive news" that turned out to be the signing of Max Perry?

• Haha 2

I hope that people aren't having  FA Cup Final or SGP parties , wouldn't want them to impact on tonight's attendance 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, sandking072 said:

Would anyone have the race times for this meeting please? Thanks in advance.

Ht 1 67.9 Ht 2 70.7 Ht 3 68 Ht 4 No Time Ht 5 67.2 Ht 6 68.7 Ht 7 67.8 Ht 8 72.4 Ht 9 68.3 Ht 10 68.9 Ht 11 68.3 Ht 12 68.9 Ht 13 68.4 Ht 14 70.2 Ht 15 70.3

• Like 1

Fantastic meeting on Saturday - and a brilliant advert for National League speedway. Hope the stream was watched far and wide!

I was there in person and happy to see Chargers prevail - especially after a bit of "sportsmanship" from Greg Blair in the final race to stay down and get the re-run.  Had an interesting couple of discussions with the Berwick fans after that one!

I also wonder if Mr Barrie needs both an eye test and a hearing aid. I was sat in the main stand, opposite the start, cheering on the boys (very loudly after Heat 15!) and yet he kept on going on about there only being two Oxford fans in the stadium. Yup, they were there Dick... spoke to them myself... and so was I ;) 

Edited by lucifer sam

18 minutes ago, hobnob said:

Dick Barrie. always been a home commentater 

He is, but he is quite fun at the same time.  Although he seemed to complain and not like it when Henry Atkins and Jody Scott both did a lap of honour after Chargers got "just a 4-2" in Heat 10.   A 4-2 that made all the difference come the end of Heat 15!

• Like 1

On 6/5/2023 at 12:51 PM, lucifer sam said:

Fantastic meeting on Saturday - and a brilliant advert for National League speedway. Hope the stream was watched far and wide!

I was there in person and happy to see Chargers prevail - especially after a bit of "sportsmanship" from Greg Blair in the final race to stay down and get the re-run.  Had an interesting couple of discussions with the Berwick fans after that one!

I also wonder if Mr Barrie needs both an eye test and a hearing aid. I was sat in the main stand, opposite the start, cheering on the boys (very loudly after Heat 15!) and yet he kept on going on about there only being two Oxford fans in the stadium. Yup, they were there Dick... spoke to them myself... and so was I ;) 

It was yes. I was very impressed with young Atkins for Chargers. He be back soon for Cheetahs in Championship.

8 hours ago, Spittaler said:

It was yes. I was very impressed with young Atkins for Chargers. He be back soon for Cheetahs in Championship.

Henry has come on leaps and bounds this season. 

Plymouth's loss and a big gain for Oxford, lovely young lad too, always ready for a photo with fans or signing autographs. The young Oxford fans seem to have taken to him, maybe something as simple as the Boxer celebration along with a fair bit of exciting on track action is something they like. 

• Like 1