British Speedway Forum

Glasgow Vs Redcar 2nd leg KOC QF 30th May

11 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Didn't wake up from the wake up call then. Very very poor. As said before complin becoming a big concern 

Yeah, I'm with you on that one this week. He's a weak link. Marcin not good tonight but has been in other home matches. Ace was always going to find it harder tonight as he learns to ride the track in different conditions but he made a pass before his crash in his first heat and made two cracking passes in his last.

Lee's just been off the pace. He looks entertaining but half the time it's because he's struggling to stay on the bike.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

Yeah, I'm with you on that one this week. He's a weak link. Marcin not good tonight but has been in other home matches. Ace was always going to find it harder tonight as he learns to ride the track in different conditions but he made a pass before his crash in his first heat and made two cracking passes in his last.

Lee's just been off the pace. He looks entertaining but half the time it's because he's struggling to stay on the bike.

I seen it before someone said he reminded them of the other Lee we used to have to suffer and last few weeks and I'd have to agree. I'd honestly rather see a sam hagon or Ashton boughen (when he's 16) whose going to improve than watch a formerly class rider struggle to turn the bike 

To see how well our back ups scored — Worrall & King scored 11 between them , half what we all thought we needed to hold on to the lead .   Well done to the promoters for sticking with the new boys, UTB

Redcar we’re class tonight no complaints we were well and truly demolished by a very good team well done to the Bears great all round display.

No back up to Bomber,, Claus, and Tom  was our downfall.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 4

Just now, Gazc said:

Redcar we’re class tonight no complaints we were well and truly demolished by a very good team well done to the Bears great all round display.

No back up to Bomber,, Claus and Tom. was our downfall.

Redcar are a bit of a perfect storm for us in that have riders ride ashfield well, 2 former riders out to prove points and even mulford nothing to fear as rides bit like BV. 

Ben missing no doubt dented confidence but was very meek performance 

• Like 1

After the news about Basso it always felt that it would be tough for the Tigers and following the updates it felt like it was one of those days where lots of things went wrong for them, when they needed everything to go right.

Good solid performance from the Bears, even without  great scores from 1 & 5. Pretty sure Wright would have been in Heat 15 (felt the choices were rubbing it in a bit) but fair play to Danyon, I’ve given him lots of stick but scored well tonight. 

Well done to the Bears, if we can get everyone firing we will be tough to beat.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Norfolk Bear said:

Birmingham or Scunthorpe, so it is Scunthorpe !!!!!

Scunthorpe will be a very difficult team to beat over 2 legs, particularly now they have strengthened. Think they ride Redcar better than we ride Scunny (well we will see on Friday I guess). Edwards moves up and Bailey at reserve.

Edited by Yearbyred

Sometimes you just have to accept you were beat by a better team on the night . Redcar were excellent and thoroughly deserved the win . Good luck in the rest of the competition 

• Like 9