British Speedway Forum

Glasgow Vs Redcar 2nd leg KOC QF 30th May

Broken finger !!!!

I remember watching Kenny Carter being carried out of, and back into the pits with a broken leg at Oxford in a qualifier for the British Final, and it was pretty much drizzle all day and throughout the meeting.

Mind you his leg was only broken in 4 places.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, snapper said:

Not a great meeting for us but I thought that 16 down was a big ask to pull back but hats off for the track staff for producing a racing track with no dust after 4 days of sun 

No dust but the track was so deep to the extent only Harris and Vissing for the home team could ride it early on. Did the riders really ask for it this way or did we do this by design to put off Redcar and it backfired?

Novak was uninterested after ht1, Pijper came down heavily in ht2 and struggled until it slickened off in later heats, as did most of the team whilst getting a gating lesson from Redcar. From the outside looking in it doesnt look like we gave ourselves the greatest opportunity to win the meeting. The tie was already gone.

Edited by MD
  • Like 3

To be honest, not the worst match to lose give to he state of the tie, but all the boys got beaten in races they shouldn’t tonight. Some credit to Redcar, especially Charles, but the Tigers looked like they didn’t have the starts, the setups or the stomach tonight. 6 point loss flattered them - Redcar were better than that.

26 minutes ago, snapper said:

Not a great meeting for us but I thought that 16 down was a big ask to pull back but hats off for the track staff for producing a racing track with no dust after 4 days of sun 

Yeah, great track tonight. There was racing in it for those who were up for it. 16 passes I think.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Noelinho said:

Yeah, great track tonight. There was racing in it for those who were up for it. 16 passes I think.

And that was the problem not many off the home team were up for it.

Obviously certain members of the team hadn’t bothered to read Tom’s comments about hitting them early.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

Complin really is rubbish these days isnt he 

That's a terrible quote by the way as you should never call a rider rubbish as they risk there lives when they go out on track ,,,, aA more constructive phrase like ( I think Lee complin needs to take a step back from this league & enjoy his racing at national League level & rebuild to the form he's had in the past to compete in the championship ) do you agree or not 

6 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

That's a terrible quote by the way as you should never call a rider rubbish as they risk there lives when they go out on track ,,,, aA more constructive phrase like ( I think Lee complin needs to take a step back from this league & enjoy his racing at national League level & rebuild to the form he's had in the past to compete in the championship ) do you agree or not 

I think the track conditions today would have been perfect for him 10 years ago.

Unfortunately with such a long time out I feel the sport has passed him by, as he seems off the pace. Maybe it is his equipment or the muscle he carries but something is just not clicking for him. 

1 hour ago, SilentLurker said:

I think the track conditions today would have been perfect for him 10 years ago.

Unfortunately with such a long time out I feel the sport has passed him by, as he seems off the pace. Maybe it is his equipment or the muscle he carries but something is just not clicking for him. 

Probably muscle mass mate 

9 hours ago, Triple.H. said:

Broken finger !!!!

I remember watching Kenny Carter being carried out of, and back into the pits with a broken leg at Oxford in a qualifier for the British Final, and it was pretty much drizzle all day and throughout the meeting.

Mind you his leg was only broken in 4 places.

Yeah and Kenny Carter turned out to be completely mentally stable...

9 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

No i think it was pretty accurate but cheers… not up to Championship standard and cant see a time he is again.. was brought in to protect a younger reserve rider and will be well overtaken by him 

8 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Awful post . Lee is an out and out racer he may not be the best but always gives 100%

Racing who?? You can pull some great shapes when your last… doesnt really matter though 

• Like 1

It's a difficult pill for Glasgow I'm sure.

Harris isn't firing as he did last year, Vissing is probably exceeding expectations of some.

Basso and Brennan are good prospects but both are at that stage where their careers could go either way and neither are yet consistent heat leaders let alone able to take weight off Harris.

The other aspect is that both Basso and Brennan make be more focussed on PL and certainly on opportunities abroad and probably saving best kit for that.

The reserves are a combination of an excellent young kid who has a great future but would ideally be supported by an older hand who takes the pressure off, the reality is Complin has regressed from last season. Muscle bound / building simply does not work in speedway, the bulk affects weight / power ration, it's more a sport for jockeys than body builders. Look at Lewis Bridger as an example when he tried the muscle man fitness route.

9 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

I don't believe he can get bk to level for championship racing the odd point here or there but nl heat leader at best imo.

Glasgows two reserves should stick to the NDL : Ace to get the experience and track time to build his confidence without the pressure of CL expectations.

Lee should enjoy his racing at the lower level with Mildenhall because he is not going to reach the levels he did before.

Lee is also, imo, taking on too many other bookings with added travelling and, I don't care what anyone argues, he cannot possibly give Glasgow 100% either physically or mentally.

Who Glasgow would get as replacements is another story and perhaps 3 changes are actually required to make the numbers add.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2