British Speedway Forum

Workington v berwick 21/5/23

Neila

Nice weather in Workington AGAIN , most of our lads are more familiar with the Berwick track than our own so today wont be all be plain sailing, should be some good racing. Can’t wait to see our lads back on track again! C’mon the Comets!

Edited by paul84

Just now, geoff100 said:

Updates has it dugards bike stopped causing him to fall,for me i thought his throttle stuck open and he couldnt get off the bike!

Was he badly injured? Or just battered and bruised? Fingers crossed for him. Once Luke Harrison is back to full fitness I'd bring him back in place of Harry personally. Also why was Luke Crang missing? Is he injured?

1. Connor Bailey

2. Elliot Kelly

3. Sam McGurk

4. Ace Pijper

5. Luke Crang

6. Kelsey Dugard

7. Luke Harrison

Honestly that team would be far below the limit but a lot stronger imo...

1 minute ago, Diamonds85 said:

Was he badly injured? Or just battered and bruised? Fingers crossed for him. Once Luke Harrison is back to full fitness I'd bring him back in place of Harry personally. Also why was Luke Crang missing? Is he injured?

1. Connor Bailey

2. Elliot Kelly

3. Sam McGurk

4. Ace Pijper

5. Luke Crang

6. Kelsey Dugard

7. Luke Harrison

Crang injured at Berwick

8 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

1. Connor Bailey

2. Elliot Kelly

3. Sam McGurk

4. Ace Pijper

5. Luke Crang

6. Kelsey Dugard

7. Luke Harrison

He is battered and brused he hit the fence at full wack ,it could have been alot worse !

• Like 1

Another meeting another win and another massive crowd for the Workington Comets, horrible crash for Kelsey Dugard hope he’s on the mend soon. Good to see Luke Harrison get some racing in at last looked good on the bike but probably struggling with race fitness which will come.

Hopefully we have Crangy back soon after his fall at Berwick. Connor Bailey was a class above tonight but a special mention to Elliot Kelly who fought for every point after taking a few falls himself recently.

Rest up lads until next time!

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Last i saw was suspected breaks to collar bone and uppet arm for Kelsey? Either way by the letter of the law Harrison would have to come back in for Dugard as he was a 28 day signing. Then someone (quite frankly anyone) in for Harry who is either not bothered, not prepared or not trying.

Luke back in for Kelsey then Kelsey in for Harry. The team would be a fair way below the limit, but I'm sure you can strengthen up later in the season if averages fit etc.

3 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

1. Connor Bailey

2. Elliot Kelly

3. Sam McGurk

4. Ace Pijper

5. Luke Crang

6. Kelsey Dugard

7. Luke Harrison

I'd like to see Workington give Harry a 4th match if they were planning to drop him, lowers his average so he could find another team. On current form, with a 7+ average he could find himself unemployable.