British Speedway Forum

Wolves v Witches May 22nd

Think we’ll make a better fist of it here than others have, but still can’t see us winning. Rew’s first time here and I don’t think the track will suit him to put it mildly, and although it was a long time ago, Emil struggled around here with Coventry scoring 5 and failing to win a race. If Becker is a bit rusty after his lay off that will help us mind you. 

14 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Think we’ll make a better fist of it here than others have, but still can’t see us winning. Rew’s first time here and I don’t think the track will suit him to put it mildly, and although it was a long time ago, Emil struggled around here with Coventry scoring 5 and failing to win a race. If Becker is a bit rusty after his lay off that will help us mind you. 

Should be a good  match ...could go either way...

42 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Yes Emil did struggle to get those 5 points in 2011, and if I remember correctly he was even lucky to get those.

I think this will be a very tough match for Wolves. Doyle is a great rider around Monmore and hard to be beat. I ignore Emil's scores from long ago at Monmore, , they are irrelevant, a  top rider. Heats 13 and 15 look daunting, and King also has been doing well. Ahead of the match I would take 46-44.

Leicester dubbed a tricky track that Emil might take a bit of getting used to and he broke the track record in his first race, be hilarious if he broke the monmore record tonight as well!! Haha! 

tonight really hinges on Hume and rew I think, the top two and king/barker will score enough for us to get a tight win if the aforementioned pick a few useful points each, ultimately tho I think it’ll be a wolves home win with both sides in the 40’s points wise

15 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

Leicester dubbed a tricky track that Emil might take a bit of getting used to and he broke the track record in his first race, be hilarious if he broke the monmore record tonight as well!! Haha! 

tonight really hinges on Hume and rew I think, the top two and king/barker will score enough for us to get a tight win if the aforementioned pick a few useful points each, ultimately tho I think it’ll be a wolves home win with both sides in the 40’s points wise

Difference being at Leicester you don’t have to literally turn the bike inside out on the second bend to get up the back straight! Monmore is like no other, that’s why some top class riders have struggled there over the years and why even some bang average Wolves sides on paper, have still managed to make it a fortress. 

Wolves by 6. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

Should be a close match ..Wolves need points in the bag at the end ...