British Speedway Forum

Redcar vs Poole BSN SF 2nd leg 20th May

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

50/50 and one angle shows Steve pretty much passed him when he started to go down.

Ref got it right. I was standing on the 2nd bend, Worrall was ahead going into the corner, Edwards tried to drop it on him, but he was half a bike behind.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

While Basso is young, Vissing is in the twilight of his career. Both Ben, and especially Zach, are young riders learning their way. Vissing isn’t as good as he was (though still a very decent rider) It will be interesting to see who is the better rider in a couple of years time between the Cooks and Basso. I expected Ben Basso to have a Stellar rise last year but it failed to materialise. Perhaps it was a year of consolidation.  Will Basso have a career path of Nikolai Klindt or Nicki Pedersen?

I don’t expect either of the Cooks to have such a career but both could make solid heat leaders in both the Championship and Premier league. 

Basso upper his average from a 5.00 assessed to an 8.5 ave & got over 6 in the Prem. Were you expecting more from him?

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Basso upper his average from a 5.00 assessed to an 8.5 ave & got over 6 in the Prem. Were you expecting more from him?

The assessed average was a red herring though as he’d just failed to get an official average. Does anyone know what was his true, not official, average at the beginning of 2022?

27 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

The assessed average was a red herring though as he’d just failed to get an official average. Does anyone know what was his true, not official, average at the beginning of 2022?

Funnily enough it was 5.00 (although his all match average was about 5.7 thanks to big scores in end of season play-offfs)

http://www.gbspeedway.com/2016/ridercareer.php?mc1=s&mc2=rc&mc3=x&mc4=x&name=Benjamin Basso

10 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Funnily enough it was 5.00 (although his all match average was about 5.7 thanks to big scores in end of season play-offfs)

http://www.gbspeedway.com/2016/ridercareer.php?mc1=s&mc2=rc&mc3=x&mc4=x&name=Benjamin Basso

Thank you. At 5.7, so quickly, he certainly hit the ground running. Huge potential but will 2023 be his last year in UK?

3 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

So if I heard it right, BSN commentary said the final legs would be in June?! Will Glasgow want to ride on a Wednesday at Poole during the Danish season??;)

Would Poole want to take on a weakened team, especially one without box office Basso? Or has the win at all costs mentality spread from father to son?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

So if I heard it right, BSN commentary said the final legs would be in June?! Will Glasgow want to ride on a Wednesday at Poole during the Danish season??;)

They actually said end of June. Which is only a week before Danish break, so maybe they might not have a meeting the week before? 

5 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

They actually said end of June. Which is only a week before Danish break, so maybe they might not have a meeting the week before? 

Pirates already agreed to Glasgow at home in the League on Weds 5th July to accommodate the Danish break. Weds 28th June is currently free but Glasgow on successive Wednesdays??

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

21st is a blank week. However Poole are currently listed as visiting Oxford.

Edwards didn't deserve the exclusion, if he'd carried on wider he'd have crashed because Worrall only just made it sound the turn. Exact same as the Doyle gp crash for me. Ref sticks with the bigger name. 

Ben Cook though is one for the future - hugely impressive at Foxhall recently for Peterborough, not that many points but the way he rode.

Poole much superior from the starts and King made several schoolboy errors. 

Edited by SPEEDY69
Spellng

1 hour ago, arnieg said:

21st is a blank week. However Poole are currently listed as visiting Oxford.

Poole have a blank on June 28 and Glasgow have nothing on June 30 so they seem obvious dates, although Glasgow are due at Wimborne on July 5 in the league 

4 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Pirates already agreed to Glasgow at home in the League on Weds 5th July to accommodate the Danish break. Weds 28th June is currently free but Glasgow on successive Wednesdays??

I'd take a stab might be Poole's on a Friday night with Glasgow using an alternative race night. Given we seem to be oddly setting precedence with the Redcar KO cup 

Although checking Glasgow fixtures on spare Friday is 30th June unless move some around like the Edinburgh away match. Not like they won't have some spare fixtures this season :rofl:

Edited by Jaizer

13 hours ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Edwards didn't deserve the exclusion, if he'd carried on wider he'd have crashed because Worrall only just made it sound the turn. Exact same as the Doyle gp crash for me. Ref sticks with the bigger name. 

Ben Cook though is one for the future - hugely impressive at Foxhall recently for Peterborough, not that many points but the way he rode.

Poole much superior from the starts and King made several schoolboy errors. 

For me the refs in both incidents got it right, Rider on the inside ahead going into the corner, don't deviate from their lines, rider on the outside behind, and tries to drop it on the inside rider. Worrall went wide because Edwards clipped his bike.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, redlead said:

For me the refs in both incidents got it right, Rider on the inside ahead going into the corner, don't deviate from their lines, rider on the outside behind, and tries to drop it on the inside rider. Worrall went wide because Edwards clipped his bike.

I think a rider would always see that differently. Having been in that situation the only one with the ability to avoid an accident is the rider on the inside - by turning his bike he collides with the guy on the outside. The outside rider cannot turn right. 

Edited by SPEEDY69