British Speedway Forum

Redcar vs Poole BSN SF 2nd leg 20th May

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Heat 11 was correct call. Worrall well past Edwards. Not like Doyle Zmarzlik. 

we must stop dropping points to ef’s. 

Better to do it when we are already through.

Can we swap tracks, think we are better at Redcar than we are at home!

• Like 1

Noticeable how good the Cook pairing have become. Ben Cook has come on leaps and bounds and is now a proper heat leader. Just seems to improve week on week. Zach is being dragged along and also striding forward. Both riding in the Premier helps no end. 

To be honest I expected Redcar to come out fighting but they were never given the opportunity. Hume and Bailey were no match for Cook and R/R tonight, and Edwards had a mare. Mulford is finding it as tough as Ablitt found it at Poole last season. Those that had Redcar as favourites for the league might have to re-assess.

Glasgow look the strongest team but will they see off a Poole team in the final? Should be a thriller. Record viewing figures for BSN?

Well that was the steaming turd on my sporting cake this week. Absolute thrashing and not a lot of good racing.

Congratulations to Poole, not a single weak link in the team tonight and thoroughly deserved to go through. Ben Cook the star man for me, quality ride in Heat 15 and superb throughout.

For the Bears I can only really say Charles has a decent meeting. Lewi started the meeting well but faded and Danny made some uncharacteristic mistakes in races. 
Edwards had a poor night (thought he was unlucky to be excluded though) and the other 3 have not scored more than 10 in a home meeting between them all season and you can’t win meetings against good teams with that sort of contribution.

Like I’ve said many times the Redcar track holds no fear for any visiting team and if the Bears have an off night it’s always going to be a struggle to win.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Noticeable how good the Cook pairing have become. Ben Cook has come on leaps and bounds and is now a proper heat leader. Just seems to improve week on week. Zach is being dragged along and also striding forward. Both riding in the Premier helps no end. 

To be honest I expected Redcar to come out fighting but they were never given the opportunity. Hume and Bailey were no match for Cook and R/R tonight, and Edwards had a mare. Mulford is finding it as tough as Ablitt found it at Poole last season. Those that had Redcar as favourites for the league might have to re-assess.

Glasgow look the strongest team but will they see off a Poole team in the final? Should be a thriller. Record viewing figures for BSN?

Redcar we’re poor ,but the Cooks are still improving so good middle order pairing, similar to Glasgow with Basso &Vissing.Interesting final.Poole slight favourites IMO.

While Basso is young, Vissing is in the twilight of his career. Both Ben, and especially Zach, are young riders learning their way. Vissing isn’t as good as he was (though still a very decent rider) It will be interesting to see who is the better rider in a couple of years time between the Cooks and Basso. I expected Ben Basso to have a Stellar rise last year but it failed to materialise. Perhaps it was a year of consolidation.  Will Basso have a career path of Nikolai Klindt or Nicki Pedersen?

I don’t expect either of the Cooks to have such a career but both could make solid heat leaders in both the Championship and Premier league. 

Edited by Steve Shovlar

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

While Basso is young, Vissing is in the twilight of his career. Both Ben, and especially Zach, are young riders learning their way. Vissing isn’t as good as he was (though still a very decent rider) It will be interesting to see who is the better rider in a couple of years time between the Cooks and Basso. I expected Ben Basso to have a Stellar rise last year but it failed to materialise. Perhaps it was a year of consolidation.  Will Basso have a career path of Nikolai Klindt or Nicki Pedersen?

I don’t expect either of the Cooks to have such a career but both could make solid heat leaders in both the Championship and Premier league. 

Think Basso will have a good career,consolidation  last year.