British Speedway Forum

BRUMMIES V EDINBURGH Wed 17th May CL

We need James Wright to be fit to win this one, especially if he's taking one of Nielsen's rides!

Really impressed with Bowtell's current form...hope I havent jinxed him!

Good luck to J.T on his home debut, at least he's hungry and giving it his all!

re

Edited by GiveusaB

Really really good win. I know the Brummies weren’t at full strength to say the least but a real shot in the arm for our season. 

Real team effort. Schlein an admirable stand in for Pickering, Fredriksen and Hook were very impressive. Cook top drawer, Paco rode very well as expected and Kye came on to a game later. Bickley the only real disappointment - he needs to start getting the odd third place.

44 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

Really really good win. I know the Brummies weren’t at full strength to say the least but a real shot in the arm for our season. 

Real team effort. Schlein an admirable stand in for Pickering, Fredriksen and Hook were very impressive. Cook top drawer, Paco rode very well as expected and Kye came on to a game later. Bickley the only real disappointment - he needs to start getting the odd third place.

Brummies not at full strength ? rr got 6 points for the Brummies which is probably a point or two more than Stefan would have got, I actually had this meeting down as being very winnable for Edinburgh but not a forgone conclusion so well done Edinburgh. 

6 minutes ago, heathen52 said:

Brummies not at full strength ? rr got 6 points for the Brummies which is probably a point or two more than Stefan would have got, I actually had this meeting down as being very winnable for Edinburgh but not a forgone conclusion so well done Edinburgh. 

You think James Wright was fit?

4 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

You think James Wright was fit?

I presume so otherwise he would not have rode and taken 6 rides, if not Brum could have used a guest, obviously he was rusty but even if he had scored 6/7/8 you would have still won.

Edited by heathen52

Wright nowhere near fit. Only rode because we didn’t want to use a four point guest as the 28 day facility was over

.we  had a rider lined up as a 28 day temporary  cover and we should have signed him . Wright was riding , not racing. Credit him for giving it a go but it wasn’t doing him or the team any good !! 

Edited by the hobbit
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Sh*t show! Why o why did the manager think it was a good move to let james wright ride? 

Only highlight, Morris Heat 13... so far!

Birmingham only had 4.13 available for a guest, that leaves only Nathan Ablitt or Ace Pijper from the Champ who could replace him.

EDIT: unless their facility ran out on Thurs & Mountain could have guested?

I see no reason why Birmingham didn't (try to) sign Kemp or Dan T though?

Edited by szkocjasid